Tuesday, November 22, 2005

day one


I have chose to write this blog as a cathartic experiment for myself.

We, (husband, I and two daughters (11 and 7)will be leaving London, (Charlton) to sample the heady delights of Ipswich in Suffolk, permanently. We have agonised for two years about leaving London and now the day draws near. I am feeling ambivalent to say the least. I feel like an animal that when faced with stress goes limp. That's what I've done. Everything is washing over me, and I can't quite feel that next week I will get up and leave this home we have created for ourselves and our daughters in the last ten years and drive, albeit only 60 miles up the road to Ipswich.

Yes, I do feel excited. Yet, no, I feel that I might be making an enormous mistake, removing ourselves from arguably the best city in the world that we love. Time will tell, and this blog will reveal.

I could go into the reasons for our leaving but this is my blog for me, so I won't try to justify myself to a virtual third party, just to me, perhaps, as I go along.

Anyway, that's enough for my first blog. I'm taking daughter number one to her piano lesson in Blackheath, and while I'm waiting for her I will visit all the lovely boutiques for the last time as a resident. Talk about milking it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home