Thursday, August 24, 2006


A little light relief while we await the answer to our offer.....hmmm de hmmmm, twiddle twiddle.

I just HATE, that's H A T E the estate agent we have to deal with. They/he is so manipulative. A while back he gave us first look at a house he was SURE would be the one for us, after we rejected it, the price immediately came down by 15 thousand pounds! WTF. I think he priced it higher because he was SO SURE we would want it! Surely that's bad practice.

Also ages and ages ago we looked at a house on a certain road which we didn't want but I made friends with the owner and now we are friends (book club). A few months ago when the Quirky house came on and we didn't get it, the agent phoned my friend Ruth (because her house is on the same road as the Quirky house) and told her he had someone who was really looking for a house on the road and is ready to go...it was us! WTF! We didn't want it and she'd taken the house off the market months before anyway, but he phoned her to say he had a definite buyer, not knowing that we knew each other!

So, back to the offer we've made. The agent says they've put the house on below it's market value because they want a quick sale (they've already bought another house) but Andy and I believe that the house is too expensive for the road and it needs alot of work. I think they are testing the market. We made an offer for what we thought was value of the house to us and it was rejected. When I told the agent we wouldn't be increasing our offer (he knows we can go higher) he was dumbstruck! He'd obviously told the people to reject our offer because we will increase it! How I hate estate agents! But, we won't raise our offer. We will sit tight.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Estate Agents are definetly crooks. By now he must know how much your budget is and how desperately you would like to buy something, so he is using this.

Isn't is possible to start a fresh with a new agent ? Whatever stick to your guns as you know the market by now. It's not as if your just choosing a pair of socks, this is a huge investement and you can't make mistakes.

6:24 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thank goodness you are wise to his moves! He could so easily have fleeced you by now - what a creep!
~(:o{)=

8:28 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

We have to deal with this agent because there are only about three agents in Ipswich which deal with the more, let's say 'higher end' of the market. They are long established, well known agents. But recently I've noticed other agents are creeping into the area because, I think their rates are much more competitive for the vendor. It's refreshing to view a house that's on with another estate agent these days. Also, they appear to me much more 'upfront' and willing to discuss things.

With the other agent (that I hate), when I phone him, I can hear the tone in his voice when he speaks to me...I think he thinks we are JUST TOO FUSSY and he just wants to get rid of us! hahahhahahaah...we'll just stick around and make his life hell I think! mmmmmuuuuuuhhhahhahahah

8:37 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Yeah do that - needle the miserable man and make him take you all over the place...poo.. I don't like dishonesty at all and he should be hung, drawn and quartered at dawn.

You just sit tight and wait. Your dream house is there somewhere.

8:42 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Ugh what a slimey creep. They seriously are not to be trusted are they?

10:53 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Hope you're not getting a sore bum from all the sitting tight.

Did you hear Asda are going to start selling houses? only 1%.
hahahahaha

Probably not at the "higher levels" of the Ipswich market.

Can't wait to see you. Back tomorrow afternoon/early pm - talk then?
xxxx

6:43 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Hope you manage to get the house. I'm sure you will. I can't believe how much Estate Agents can bugger you around. They are real crooks. I don't know...it's not fair is it? Let us know what happens.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Hope you get the house RW. I'm sure you will if you sit tight. I can't believe the crookery involved with Estate Agents. It's just not fair. They know that can manipulate because they are in a position of power. It's pants.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home