Friday, July 14, 2006

IT's not yes, it's not no

Hello. What a week! I've had misunderstandings with friends, husbands and sisters this week. I tell you it's hard being shouted at in real life and by text!

But all's well that ends well. No one is cross now (I hope).

Had my interview to day and heard about the outcome of our offer on THAT house. Firstly, the house.....well, they aren't going to accept our offer....YET. If it's still on the market in six weeks time they will accept it. (more hope needed)

Secondly, the interview. Wow, what a long morning. I had to turn up at nine. I did and there was another candidate there too, a middle aged man, very friendly, experienced ex forces 'life's skills' lecuturer in secondary schools. My heart sank.

We were given a talking to by the head teacher. Then we had a tour of the whole school by the Deputy Head. Then we were talked to/interviewed separately by the Head of Finance (who is in charge of the support staff), then we were interviewed separately by four pupils with the deputy head sitting at the back. After a break we were interviewed separately by the Head, the Deputy Head, the Assistant Head and a Governor. I came out the interview four hours later with legs like jelly. I could have done with a gin and tonic but settled for a cappucino at Nicola's. She's a good friend, she was really genuinely interested in how I got on and SO wants us to find a house too.

They phoned up about half an hour ago to say they couldn't decide between us, we were both impressive! So they are going to take up references and I'll find out next week!

So, there have been no outright rejections today....I think that calls for CAVA!

Have a lovely weekend everyone out there!

7 Comments:

Blogger pam in toronto said...

good luck with both...hope can make you anxious, but i think its better than no hope at all. And congratulations on holding your own with the other "professional". It sounds like you're more than qualified!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Oh yes, so well done, RW. Does that make sense? I'm not very sobre. Actually not sober at all. I'm pissed really. And I need a wee.

I shall be sending you lots of good vibes through the ether.

You muts have been briilaint.

9:19 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

yes you muts!!!!

How difficult to have to wait and wait some more. Thinking of you.

home for a week now! hope to find you on MSN.

xxx

10:16 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Ooops, I meant must. Muts are dogs arent' they, and I'm not keen on those.

My head is so bad this morning and my hands are shaky. Not good. Great party though!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hello, Letty.

10:24 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Oh what a horrible way to interview people!
WELL DONE RW for not only surviving it but being brilliant enough to be considered.
Let us know how it goes ..........
~(:o})=

11:02 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Good luck with this chucky. I'm sure you'll get it! And the house too!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Dizzy said...

Wow, they certainly put you through your paces. Well done RW for getting through this far, you have obviously made a very good impression.

Fingers crossed for both the job and the house xx

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home