Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Catch up!

I seem to have been chasing my tail recently......watering drying up allotments, looking at unsuitable houses, sweating, drinking with my sisters, listening to live music in the park, book clubs, shopping, looking at potentially suitable houses.......(double take - what? potentially suitable! Wanna see it?)



OK it doesn't have......off road parking or an enormous garden.....but it does have....

fantastically, vast and architecturally interesting rooms. A south facing garden with views of the town and hills (well what passes for hills in Suffolk).

It needs refurbishing, it's a good price and I've had a quote from a builder to restore it to a family home.

Oh, and it's in a lovely area.


Andy wants to buy this one.

It's a new town house with a court yard garden. White boxes for rooms, low maintenance, low personality....can you tell what I think of it?

What say you all?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

What say I, I say the big mother of a house say I... Yes tonight, let's hear it for the boys in blue... re dutch lady... she had the same face, blue eyes, shape, she was gorgeous and I fell in love with her.. but she had your laugh..... we giggled a lot we did, her name was Saskia...

8:24 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Funny that, Paul wants a modern new build, no maintenance, plastic windowed house!! I couldn't bear it but then I guess it isn't us who has to do the maintenance bit. We might have to buy 2 houses if he insists tho, one new one for him and an old wreck for me, hahaha

Good to see you back :-)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Well, I prefer no.1.

I left a much longer comment earlier which basically said that but it got gobbled up.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I like the top one best!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Dizzy said...

I can see the attraction of both but would choose the larger house myself. Just think of all the space, you could hide yourself away and not be found.

Have you checked out the neighbours RW?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

First one, definitely!
Great character!
The second one is made of cardboard!
Tell Andy, that he'd need plasterboard plugs by the dozen!

3:20 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Yes, wot they said.

I'm sure Andy will see the appeal of the character, garden etc. ....

5:33 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

I hope Andy agrees on the house on top...the other is pretty but not the same appeal and I LOVE huge rooms. Not that I'd clean them, but still, they are lovely to live in.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home