Friday, June 16, 2006

Untitled

Hello, Have been feeling a bit quiet of late. Not much to report here really.


Have been painting! I had two large canvasses in the garage that I had started but decided to overpaint them as I'd gone off them. In the process of laying down some underpainting, I rather liked the effect I was making on the canvas and now have the germ of a picture. I noticed at the tennis club that in their club room they are exhibiting some Peter Blake prints 'borrowed' from the trendy modern art gallery in town. The pictures have their prices next to them. I'm quite pally with the treasurer of the club who plays on club nights, so when I'm happy with these two canvasses I might approach him. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. I mean, there are a lot of people of means that play at the club, with large houses, with walls in them!

Nothing new on the housing market. One large house came on that was 70 grand above our top limit. The agent phoned me about it and talked it up. Finally I said, after getting excited 'how much?' He told me the price. 'PTB' I said, that's too much for us. However, I phoned up yesterday just to see if there was anything new coming on and I got the 'girl'. Sorry to be sexist, but when you get the 'girl' you get the info!! This house (that is too expensive) has had no viewings "but it was only in the paper today" she said. To which I said "if someone is seriously looking, you would have phoned them, or they would have seen the house on the internet and would have viewed already". To which she said "the market's very quiet, there's hardly anyone looking in this area at the moment" "Result" I thought!! Hahhahaah, the other agents would never have told me that! They would have said 'there 's been a lot of interest, blah blah blah.
The 'girl' also told me that the vendors of this house have found a house they want to buy and need to sell before their offer is accepted!!!! So, anyway, I went to see this house..... yes, perfect in every way, well it would be, it's too expensive. The girls came with me, and liked it too. Is it really worth making an offer 70 thousand below the asking price? When the house has been on the market for three days? I think not. I can't persuade Andy to go and even look at it. "It's a waste of my time and their time" he said (sensibly)

Wanna see it? Here it is..... (it's enormous)

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Where is it where is it? I can't see..... am I going blind, help.....

8:34 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Looks lovely as always. We definitely have the same taste in houses - oh and men's legs!!

I'm always of the opinion that anything is worth a try. I would have sold my place in London at well under the asking price because I was so desparate to move out of it. Yes, even that much under the asking price!! Luckily no-one told any of the prospective buyers that though!!!

I bet that "girl" would be shot if her boss found out!! Def a relationship to be nurtured from your point of view though.

11:18 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oh that does look lovely.

WEll you never know. If its still not had any offers this time next week....

You should post pics of your pictures "in development", that wd. be really interesting.

1:08 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

btw, just seen the footie on chicken legs, LOL.

He can't come in my shed though.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Great house...
Go on, offer £70K less and see if they bite...
The market is very slow at the moment...

8:23 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

that french weather pixie wants to be careful, she'll break her neck wearing heels that high.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home