Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More rambles.

I think my washing machine has broken down. It pretends it's washing the clothes. It makes all the right noises so that I'm fooled into believing it's doing it. The lazy ba**ard! When I go back to the machine all the clothes are totally dry. It took me three revisits to realise I wasn't as absent minded as I thought I was! I'm giving it one last chance and then it's down to John Lewis (I wish, more like Currys/Dixons/Comet/Shiteplace). I just hate those kind of shops, but needs must I suppose. Anyway, I'm not giving up, I'm giving that machine which surely must win a prize in acting another chance.

Thanks for all your concern about my chest. It stood up to four hours of tennis yesterday. The first two hours was our match (best of three games) of which Wendy and I lost! Which was a surprise and a disappointment because we played two weak players - well I thought they were weaker than us but I must have been FOOLING myself.

I popped along to club play last night and played a great set of tennis with this guy called Mike who is a fantastic player and his son is a tennis coach at the club. He always gives me lots of tips about my playing. We won our set but we got to a tie break situation which was fun. (for us). He says my footwork is at fault and that I shouldn't run backwards to get a high ball but rather lean into it and volley it. (that was for Bangla Jess really).

During another set, I got hit right in the eye by a tennis ball, really hard. I was terrified I'd blinded myself and had to stop for a bit as my eye was really hurting and watering. It wore off and I continued to play. But as it was the end of the evening I didn't want to wake up blind this morning so I popped round to my sister's (who is a nurse) for her to check that my retina was still intact. She was out but Kevin, my brother in law took a look and laughed at me - 'hahha he said, it's not even swollen, you won't even have a black eye, you big girl's blouse, get on with you'

I've got a theory about my allotment. As I go there nearly every morning during the week all the old men there think I'm putting a lot of work in - which I am. However, nothing much is growing apart from the potatoes and they're coming up in patches. But they all seem to take pity on me and give me stuff! Can't wait until the strawberry and raspberry season kicks in! Yesterday I was given potatoes (to eat, not plant). One man offered me chickens and to make me a run too! He's just been made redundant and I think is looking for money making opportunities. He has his own chickens and the chicken coop/thingy is big and shedlike. I'd love to have chickens but not sure I could visit them every day - well I suppose I'd have to. I'm tempted. Apparently they only lay for about two years, then they live for a bit longer then die! According to him.

A house came on the market yesterday (oh, not another one, I hear you all sigh). Right area, lovely road, prime location, third of an acre south facing garden. One drawback, it's a bungalow. Not just a bungalow, a chalet bungalow. They've put an upstairs in it but the upstairs only has two bedrooms (and two bathrooms). That would be strange to put one of our daughters downstairs. The remaining bedrooms downstairs are smallish. It most certainly doesn't have a 'grand' feel. But it does have a double garage, and LOADS of outside space. It's sandwiched between two lovely Victorian houses that must be worth about a million each. I think I've just answered my own question, thanks. But it was good to get it out there. Here's a picture of the house anyway.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory 'bout the chest thingy. As you played tennis Ok and didn't feel weak and feeble it probably isn't a virus and may well be a flare up of asthma due to the chicken feathers....or possibly the sheep, but that was last week, or maybe the rabbits!
Please pass on your tennis tips as you get them, as I employed your 'smile' serve technique to reasonable effect yesterday. The guys here don't actually teach us anything, they just hit balls at speed - a sort of sink or swim method, do or die, that kind of thing.
I'm excited about Ellie's Graduation tonight. I'm wearing a silk sarie and as much gold jewellery as I can get my hands on (as you know I'm normally a silver girl - it's all 'im indoors can afford init). Hope the eye's OK - you are in the wars this week my lovely,
ttfn

9:23 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

I was going to say something similar to moonwalker - get a black eye just to prove Kevin wrong!!!

What a witty and entertaining blog. ptb about the washing machine though.

Not so sure about chickens - they're quite a tie, you'd need to be sure you could get someone to feed them when you're away. Good shit for your allotment though.

11:13 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I don't see you in that house somehow RW. It doesn't have that wow factor I know you are after. I would keep looking, your house is out there somewhere :-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger leon's life said...

This house looks nice to me, but it's not a good looking as the last one that's for sure.

Something is bound to come up sooner or later....

1:25 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I'm not surprised it broke down really - all those times you keep putting it on the spin cycle.

Couldn't live in that house myself but I would come and visit you whatever you lived in so go for whatever tickles your fancy.

I was going to write an ood comment about black eyes and chest pains but thought better of it.

1:37 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Oh Le Chat, are you suggesting that the spin cycle is akin to a packet of Quavers perchance?

(I frightened it into working)

I've decided to buy myself some face paint and paint mayself a black eye for Saturday when I go round to my sister's for a BBQ (it was Lettuce's idea)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

The spin cycle oh la la, with a packet of quavers in hand as well, whatever tickles your fancy, she's a one that Le Chat!
hehehehe

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home