Monday, June 05, 2006

IN TRUE RAMBLING STYLE

I've had this funny throaty, chesty thing for a couple of weeks now. It feels like it's in my throat and is worse in the morning. I wake in the early morning with a really sore upper respiratory tract (probably cos I've been sleeping with my mouth open). It doesn't feel like a lung infection but I cough up gunk in the morning. This morning when I got up I had shooting pains in my chest!!! WTF! They seem to have worn off now but a bit worrying, either an infection, tired muscles from all my digging or something much more sinister. I give it a bit longer and see which way it goes!

I have to play in a tennis tournament this afternoon. We are doing what's called a box league tournament where you arrange to play at your own convenience with other doubles people in the league and you get so many points for win, etc. Wendy and I have played two matches so far and lost both of them! It does make us laugh though. Luckily we are not competitive. We like to think that our secret weapon when we play is the element of surprise! (even to us!)
Just hope my chest stands up to the exercise.

Well, it's now summer and the weather forecast is set fair for the next five days at least. I can't believe we've lived in Ipswich for over six months now. I feel very at home in this town, I like it. But I do recognise that I personally have to shift my arse and do SOMETHING! I seem to be able to fill my days rather wonderfully though, gardening, tennis, reading, a bit of cleaning, dog walking and lunches and cinema with Nicola.

Oh, by the way, we met Nicola's husband - always a sticky moment - will we like him? Will he pass muster? Nicola phoned us last bank holiday Monday to see if we fancied a walk. True to form Andy didn't (he would be a hermit given the chance) but I said yes anyway. It was just Nic and Henry (her husband), (and the dog) and her kids are a bit older and couldn't be bothered. Ours couldn't be bothered either but being younger had to! We set off from our house (as it's in the country) and had a wonderful walk even though we got caught in multiple hail storms and were soaked by the time we reached home. I have a feeling Henry is a bit of a man's man as he commandeered Andy and they walked on a head discussing this and that (pubs in the City of London from what I could glean later). They stayed on for coffee and cake (my good friend's Elen's cake that she'd brought up for us on Friday (they stayed until Sunday, (you following this?)). Well, as they left, Henry suggested we meet again! I am flattered because from what Nicola says, Henry doesn't suffer fools or bigots or anyone else we don't suffer either. He lives during the week in London as he is a 'captain of industry' which must be a bit hard for Nicola.

I'm sticking to my 'get fit and thinner' for summer diet which I'm logging in my other blog. (don't go there, it's boring) (although Le Chat is giving me lots of advice!) (no don't laugh).
I've been assembling for myself wonderful looking salads which my family (except Alice) are coveting. Andy says he'd like to join me and so does Holly! The only problem with giving Andy salad is that he's hungry five minutes later and then eats all the bread and peanut butter. Shame Alice won't eat anything green, it would make life a lot easier!

That's enough ramblings. I've taken a few pictures of my 'garden' which I will upload later. My garden such as it is (apart from the acres of rabbit holes) is all in pots brought from my old garden in London. Things were doing well until the rabbits discovered them and nibbled my oriental poppies and other prized things down to stumps (blasted rabbits). I've had to elevate all the pots now or put them in the conservatory. The only thing I've left in their reach is the oleander, but they seem to know not to touch that (it being poisonous and all).

Off I go with my funny chest.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya RW,
no the power's not out and I'm not on the RW, (it being lunchtime). Just thought I'd like to be first to comment on your longish ramble this morning and wish you luck in your tennis tournament. Aren't you watching the tennis on the telly too?
I keep getting rained off the court at the moment, and am therefore getting bored. The rain also makes me want to eat toast, so I haven't managed to join your healthly eating plan (as yet) but your salads sound very tempting. I will try harder!
Hope your chest feels better soon,
BJ
PS breaking news - Philly -2nd daughter aged 14 in 9th grade (Yr10)- (yes I know you know)got 98% on her Eng. exam (top score in the grade!)wey hey..

9:28 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Bangla Jess, great news re phil. She's such a clever girl!

I was thinking about the Roland Garros after you mentioned it and realise I've not heard anything about it anywhere this year. It always reminds me of my honeymoon because when Andy and I had our honeymoon in Paris is was on! Aaaah

10:31 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

btw just got what RW is! Red Wine! of course! (Cue for a song eh Trac?)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's a cue for a drink!

I've answered your question on my blog! :o)

hehehehehe!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

It's get at me day today I see - laughing at the idea that I might give advice on diets!! Then saying I have bloodshot eyes. Pah!

So how did the tennis go? Did you win your box or whatever it is? Sounds like that silly game with Noel Edmonds and I remember how much you like him!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

what a nice ramble. Almost as good as having you here in the room with me.
But Wendz is right, if the chest persists get it seen quickly! (by someone other than your husand fnar fnar). (ole biscuit barrel)

My sore throat has come back. ptb. (Was going to say ptbb, the final b being for bugger.... perhaps not, eh?)

Yes, post some pics of your lovely salads.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Sorry I suppose I should have made concerned comments about your chest too but I didn't like to venture there!!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

I have asthma and every couple of years it flares up... A short course of steroids and I'm back on track! Don't let it fester, Rambler!

As for salads, I am Numero Uno Salad Eater! It's because I hate washing up... One bowl and one fork! Lots of lettuce, anything handy, a bit of this, a bit of that, salt, pepper, a Tbsp of olive oil, juice of ½ a lemon...and Cream's your uncle!

This afternoon I had a bowlful of grated carrot with the same dressing. Nowt else! I'm bloody starving now...9.15pm...

Kitty, for medicinal purposes, you can comment on chests...;o)

9:18 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

I think my chest is feeling better thanks.

Cream: I have had asthma in the past - when I was pregnant I was nearly hospitalised - had to go on a nebuliser and a course of steroids and once after a cold virus! But my asthma is allergic rather than chronic - put me near a feather and Ig wheeze like hell!
It didn't feel like asthma - I think just a virus (I hope) or possibly hayfever.

Thanks for your concern all. (even Le Chat - who has been blinded by Antipo's chest on her blog!)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home