Thursday, May 18, 2006

HE'S GONE


Yep, at eight o'clock this morning I took him down to the bus station. Perversely, I was quite sorry to see him go in a way.

Last night in a great show he presented the girls with a 50 euro note EACH!!! Which I must concede was nice of him.

I'm terrified of catching the lurgies that everyone seems to be getting around me and really really don't want to be ill for Lettuce's birthday meal and of course a special meeting with my star pupil, Trac. I will show her the art of drinking an excellent gin and (full sugar) TONIC, along with the guzzling of crisps which, of course I NEVER eat!

Of course I said that when Graham had gone I would crack open one of the three bottles of cava that I have a-chilling in my fridge. But I think I might wait until tomorrow night when my sister and her hubby come round for a meal. I'm also going out tonight anyway, to the cinema with Nicola to see Junebug.

Managed to play tennis this morning. This is the technical bit, so look away now.....

We learned the art of the drop shot, which I knew about and try to do on occasion but wasn't aware that there was a particular 'shot' as such. But I think I rather like the dropshot, as I do the back hand slice which I perfected in my lesson with my coach Martin. (you won't get a picture of him, sadly but you will get the Ipswich Sports Club website if you are interested).

Nicola came round for lunch today after tennis. I have to say she's coming round to my way of thinking now and quite able to say mean things about quite a number of her friends! I'm certainly learning all the Ipswich gossip. But in small towns everyone seems to know absolutely everyone, so one has to be a bit careful about mentioning names to one party in case they are 'persona non grata'. If you know what I mean. Small towns eh? Who'd have 'em!

After making an initial low offer on that house I put on my blog last week, the estate agent tried to get us to increase our offer. On Saturday we went back to see it but decided not to increase our offer as we just couldn't afford it. The agent was a bit huffy when I told him. (same one as put the phone down on me a while back when we made an offer on a house and then changed our minds). Well, anyway, I had a feeling that our low offer hadn't even been put forward to the vendors because this estate agent wanted to get much more for his client. But he is legally bound to put the offer forward and we should receive something in writing. But nothing has come in the post. But one of Nicola's friends is friends with the vendor and she is going to ask them if they 've received an offer on their house yet! I will find out tomorrow if they have heard of the offer we made or not! Bloody estate agents! Who'd have 'em!

5 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I hope you manage to get the house of your dreams RW!

5:14 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

pah! she beat me to it.

Glad to see you are having a beneficial influence on your friend.

Have a GREAT evening (and tomorrow).
Come as EARLY as you can on Sat.

and btw, your links to me and Trac don't work - you've got your own URL in the link as well as ours.

5:27 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Lettuce, they work when I click on them! I haven't changed Le Chat's yet but I will, i just click on her comments to get her blog.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh Luce, you are funny, that's what I like about you, oh and other things but the comment about your friend coming around to your new way of thinking, ie saying mean things, result I'd say...

I must say that not to happy about all the discussion of get togethers.... :-( sad face.....

Putting another song on and if you tell me you don't fancy S i won't belive you! Now he's the Daddy!

8:17 AM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

wow, real estate agents seem especially scummy in the U.K., I don't think they're known to be any great prize in Canada, but in my limited experience, atleast they present offers!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home