Thursday, May 11, 2006

PERFECT DAY!

I've had a lovely day today.

Nearly as good as one of Cream's days in fact!

At 9.15 I played a tennis match which was part of a league I am playing in. We (Wendy and I) lost, but we played well and the weather was glorious. After the match we played another two hours of tennis (women's Thursday group), boy was it hot. But I played well and my game is finally improving. (this is the boring bit here that only Bangla Jess will be interested in.....my serve is coming on, still no power but the throw up is right and the arm 'smile' works well. My forehand is also quite good now when I remember to get my racquet back) - OK you can all wake up again, I've finished talking tennis.

After tennis we all had cold drinks in the sun, followed by a trip to the garden centre with Nicola. (I bought strawberry plants - three, two, one, you're back in the room).

I then went home feeling guilty about abandoning Graham. He immediately suggested lunch at the local pub and even offered to pay!! So we went down the road through the beautiful country roads lined with cow parsley and May blossom, to the pub. I had a sparkling mineral water and a baguette with prawns in a 'marie rose' sauce (that's cocktail sauce then) and salad.

I then left Graham there and collected girls from school. We went back to pick Graham up and went back home (through the gorgeous country lanes......blah blah). A half hour's sit in a deckchair under a tree with a book and then I took Holly to her hour long tennis lesson. While she was there, I went to Nicola's house for a cup of tea, a chat and a wander round her lovely garden.

Then home at 6.15....supper on the patio - fresh emmenthal and mushroom ravioli with fresh pesto, rocket and parmesan salad, followed by melon and stilton.

And now I'm sitting in front of ER! (E4 +1). A perfect end to a perfect day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

You've definitely got your life right. It sounds an idyllic day.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I can't face the pub without alcohol - we play drinking games so it wouldn't work really. "I have never" doesn't really work if you can only knock back appeltise!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

OMG, RW, you threw me into a panic, mentioning ER, until I realised that I had already watched it on Monday.

Loved your list - have only just read it at 10.45 Thurs evening.

Glad you had a good day today.

~(:o})=

10:49 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

What a lovely day, good for you.

(Bet G. enjoyed that lovely supper!)

11:08 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

No, RW, the one I saw was the one where all that guy's children turn up (from when he was a sperm doner).

I guess you are a week ahead of me?

~(:o})=

8:04 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh what a perfect day I wanna spend it with you, oh such a perfect day,la la fa la la la, although i'm shit at tennis but not bad at ping pong!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Carlotti said...

Hi Rambling woman,

Thanks for visiting my site - I've been out of action for a while but am finally back!

I'd love to have a nibble of that wonderful dinner. Mmmmmmmmmm Your day sounds fantastic.

By the way, my MIL door was installed yesterday, complete with a lock so that only MIL's who are 2 inches at their widest point could fit through.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Rambler, I can assure you that it was better than any of my days!

At least you remembered everything you did and especially the time you got home!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home