Friday, May 05, 2006

PANTS OR POTENTIAL?




We went to see this house last night.

The garden was WONDERFUL! Completely walled and the owners were obviously plants people. The woman of the house was involved in the arts somehow and the walls were covered in wonderful paintings (even an original Frink). I made the classic mistake of going round the house saying to Andy, "ooh, I just love that picture, ooh look at this one, OMG this painting is wonderful, ooh look they've got raspberry canes, I like this geranium. "

Andy, ever the practical one thinks it needs work......and it's at the VERY TOP of our budget so we could move in, be poor and not make any changes if we are prepared to live in it as it is. It had a lovely feel, I could live there because of the wonderful architectural features.....however the kitchen wasn't enormous....the next door house had added a glass conservatory....we wouldn't be able to affford that at the price it is....decisions, decisions.

9 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

Oh it looks great!

GO FOR IT!!!! Absolutely.

btw, are you ok?

9:15 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

just looked at it again.

You must go for it.

You'd be able to afford to do some work on it after a few years, so long as its live-able in, and feels good and has character....

9:17 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

If, as you say you know the housing market like the back of your hand, it feels right and you can afford then go for it!

It looks really good and I love walled gardens...Nostalgia...

10:44 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I think we have similar tastes in houses because I have liked everyone you have shown us so far.

This one looks good, I guess the small kitchen is the only downside (I love big kitchens despite the fact that I hate cooking) but I'm sure you'd be able to afford an extension at some point (when you win Wimbledon maybe??)

check out the neighbours maybe since it is attached?

2:07 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

haha - you can certainly come and live here but i don't think you would cope with the rubble or the rabble!! If you like being woken up at 7am on a Sunday morning to the sound of James playing "When the Saints" forte on the piano, then please be my guest.

You'd like my house though. I am a lucky kitty. I moved north at the right time - prices in Notting Hill had just risen but they were low here. So that was one good thing at what was a pretty bad time.

I didn't have to do a lot for the party - the girls did most of it, and Ruth and Marvellous Meg of course.

Yeah, what about those ski-ing lessons? Better when the weather is cooler actually as you have to wear long sleeves, trousers and gloves (and probably a helmet!) on the dry slope.

Probably a wise decision re the house. No-one likes to be impoverished.

4:55 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

if you can afford it, even if its at the top end of your budget and you love it...you should go for it...as lettuce said if you can live in it the way it is, slowly you will make your desired changes...it is a beautiful house and a lovely garden.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Hi Luce, that Trac she's funny... Dads off tomorrow and I've been silent as I'm working on my site which needed a new shopping cart, nearly done..... How's it going with you?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

She's a clever one that Trac.

Hahaha re the car. I wish re the Aston Martin. My car is insured for any driver and it costs a fortune but it means anyone can drive me home if I drive somewhere and then decide to drink!! How's it going with you?

I do wish Andre would get a haircut.

Early to bed tonight, there's nothing much to do if you don't drink.

10:17 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

That house looks gorgeous. Good luck with it Luce :-)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home