Friday, April 28, 2006

GUILT TRIP

I went with Nicola today for a long walk along the river Deben at Woodbridge with her wonderful dog, Clem. As she is a new friend, I filled her in on the history of Andy's Dad. But Nicola is far too good for me because she tried to make me see the good side of the man, saying things like 'don't you want him to be happy?' and 'why don't you try to see the good in him' and furthermore, 'maybe he did all these things out of ignorance not unkindness' and 'you've got into rather a negative cycle with him' and 'instead of looking at all the things he doesn't say, respond to the things he does and TELL him and don't wait for him to take an interest in you, just tell him stuff' (Lucy hangs her head in shame)

She's right. It was making me feel a bad to slag him off to the whole of blogland, it made me feel uneasy. The sort of feeling you get at school when you've been bitching about one good friend to another good friend and then spend the whole of the weekend worrying that they are going to tell each other what you've said and then both hate you on Monday! (hahaha, I'm sure I never did that after the age of maybe 13).

So, I changed my attitude. When I got back from Nic's I took him to Ipswich town centre and we ambled around the shops together. He was very positive about Ipswich, saying how lovely the buildings were and how friendly the people are. AND THEN HE BOUGHT ME LUNCH!


REALLY HANGING MY HEAD IN SHAME NOW. I phoned Andy and told him 'we're going to change our attitude and start enjoying spending time with your dad'.


************************************************************************************

My friend Julia, who is secret lurker on this blog (Hi Julia), emailed me to say that the Andrew that I played tennis with on Tuesday could have been Andrew Castle. I googled him, and it wasn't, but I sure wish it had been. He's GGGGGOOOOOOrgeous!

**********************************************************************************

I have a question for all the women out there (and the men with men boobs).

Do you wear a bra at night? Ever since Sarah Jessica Parker wore her bras in bed in Sex and The City, I began to worry that maybe I should have been doing that all my life? Does it stop them from sagging and getting caught in your arm pit when you are an old lady?

11 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

Oh yes, guilty here too, M & I were laughing about your blog.... guilt, guilt, shame, guilt....

You're a lovely lovely person.

Glad you had a good time out with Nicola (apart from the guilt thing) - and in Ipswich with G. M. told me you'd texted him - I said "Oh, glad she's got some time to herself shopping" - ha ha.

Bras in bed? For goodness sake! NO NO NO.

Not that I have much need of a bra at all, as you know. But I'm all for comfort and haven't worn an underwired bra since I was about 18.

Comfort rates higher than pertness so far as I'm concerned.

5:34 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Yes I like Andrew Castle, a Taunton boy. I used to see him often :-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

But Dons, you didn't answer the question about the bra!

5:48 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

And Dons, lucky you! (and Andrew Castle)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Bras in bed. How peculiar.

Yes, the potatoes have come up but I planted them earlier than you. I usually plant a couple of crops a year, the earlies being the best.

Don't do the guilt thing. The man is irritating and you have every right to moan about that. He doesn't know you moan so there's no harm done.

Whirlwind has gone from here thankfully. 2 pages of instructions of places people need to be. How do they manage this? Anyway, they were flapping so much I'm sure they'd caught bird flu.

Have a lovely weekend.

6:29 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

never wear a bra at night...can't wait to take it off when i get home! I did meet someone who did though...good luck with the attitude change, maybe it really will make a difference...I suppose it can't hurt to try.

7:14 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blogosphere Moonwalker!

When you going to start the blog?

We'll all visit and comment, won't we you lot?

8:09 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Hi Moonwalker!!! Please join us.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Carlotti said...

Heavens! What will they come up with next?! Wearing a bra to bed is one of the craziest things I've heard of in a long time! I have a hard enough time wearing one during the day.

First time to your site - I enjoyed your ramblings.

7:47 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Sorry honey was sidetracked by AC. bras in bed? No thanks, not even when I am breastfeeding.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Imagine all that fiddling in the dark for poor hubbie if you had to wear a bra in bed as well as during the day! It's hard enough for my old man to whip if off during the day let alone the night! To be honest it's hard enough for him to even whip it out during the day!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home