Tuesday, April 25, 2006

FREAKED OUT!


Help, can I come round and live with one of you lot please? I'm scared!

Yesterday, a freaky thing happened which I dismissed. But last night another REALLY FREAKY thing happened that I can't explain. I think we are HAUNTED!

The first thing happened yesterday when the house was empty (apart from me). I was sitting at the lap top trying to blog (!) in the kitchen. Behind me are large, glass sliding doors opening out onto a glazed conservatory type thing with doors off to the garage and study. All of a sudden came an enormous crashing noise sounding like someone had tried to open the outer (glazed door). But they were locked! I looked around but noone was there! I wandered round to the front door thinking maybe someone had tried the back door and then gone on to the front door - still nothing. I was scared for a bit. Just couldn't work out what it could have been!

But the most freaky scary thing is this. Last night, I was the last to bed (as usual) and had been blogging on the lap top infront of Newsnight (which then became snooker so I turned the sound off). I went to bed around midnight when blogger closed down for essential maintenance (just as well). At about 3am, I was awoken by Holly shouting "Could someone please turn the telly off please". Thinking she was having a nightmare I went into her and as I wandered out into the hall, I too heard the telly which was on loudly on a channel that wasn't BBC2 because it was advertising 'Lost'. Bloody hell, was I scared. I tried to get Andy up to investigate but he said there must have been a power cut and just go turn it off 'woman'. He then went back to sleep. I gingerly crept into the sitting room (we're in a bungalow and the sitting room is at the end of the hall through some glazed double doors) my heart a pounding. I reached in and turned the TV off and then went to bed. But I couldn't sleep and clearly neither could Holly because at intervals she called out 'Mum, I'm scared'. I felt like saying 'Me too' but did the grown up thing and said 'It's OK go back to sleep'. I don't think I went back to sleep at all! Andy got up at 5 and stomped about because he couldn't find his keys (Betty have you been in?) He found them in the door! (Duh!)

But can anyone explain to me why my TV came on suddenly in the middle of the night? I ALWAYS turn it off at the button every night (as it saves power!). Freaky no? It even changed channel!

I don't really believe in ghosts (Andy does though,claims to have seen loads). But I sort of believe in Poltergeists (having a hormonal, pubescent girl in the house might make things happen?). Or is it because we live in a cemetery? We have the little ghosts of dogs, cats and hamsters wandering around at night looking for their owners?

19 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Ohhh was just going to leave a chirpy mesage agreeing about everything you wrote about Lettuce and I found this entry! I can't really explain your unexplained but I am sure it is explainable! At night everything seems worse doesn't it? Maybe a bird flew into the glass doors, that's happened a few times here and it really is quite a bang! and the tele, teles sometimes do that? Saying that, I believe I saw a ghost as a baby and the memory is still vivid and I was small enough to be in a cot, or maybe it was all a dream...

8:10 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

oooh, tat. What I don't understand is how a TV just turns itself on even if there is a power cut/surge. All the other appliances are OK and showing no signs of having been off in the night!!

There prob is some rational explanation - probably related to the digi box or something.

8:13 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oooooh nooooo.

I'm sure there is some rational explanation - must have been very scary.

I'd put it down to the ghostly guinea pigs. (or maybe your live ones?) Our GPs keep escaping in the garden. Maybe there is a GP solstice going on or something?

8:18 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Yes, Lettuce the GP's were squeaking as if possessed yesterday. They might have been trying to warn me! Chat's GP's would have managed it, them being polyglots! Perhaps they should be interpreters!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Do you know what? The same things happen in my house all the time. Got worse since the beanster was born.

Do you ever touch things (that aren't metal) and get an electric shock?

If yes, then you could be like me. Once I was sitting down and Anthony said, I can't be arsed to turn off the lights and I just looked at the lights and they turned on. Another time, I switched the TV over in the same way that yours did.

How old are your girls? If they are around the age of moving from primary to secondary, the energy from you and them is probably doing it. Honestly. There's some kind of magnetic waves that are set up in certain women. You probably think I'm talking complete rubbish, but...I bet you that's it. It happens a lot with younger women in the house. So, I shouldn't worry too much about it. I think it's fantastic.

Even though I'm not religious at all, I do believe in certain things like that. Didn't you say to me once that things like that often happen to you about psychic links and stuff. You've definitely got that talent and your girls will be giving off loads of it about now if you've got it too.

Does that sound like mumbo-jumbo??? Let me know if anything else happens and I'd be interested to hear if you do get electric shocks alot or your girls do.

If it's anything like my house, it means that electrical things are always, always going wrong too. We've been through two computers, a DVD player, three TVs, two videos, countless lightbulbs, a scanner, two kettles and a toaster. It's electrical mayhem!

3:31 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Betty, it's very interesting you should say this. Andy is the weird magnetic person in our house. He can't wear watches, if he does, they break! Times when he's been in hospital on monitors he makes them go strange. But he doesn't break our electrical items here. He was once hit by lightening! That could have upset his balance, so to speak!

Yes, it did occur to me that Holly's puberty might be the cause of something. She is extremely volatile. If she makes anything fly through the air, I'm off. Yessirree Bob!

As for electric shocks. Well, I get them ALL the time but I think it's really just due to the static in the air and the fact that I don't pick my feet up when I walk! (thus causing static)

oooooh. I'm all weirded out now.

3:59 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Actually, now you come to mention it Betty the lightbulbs go ALL the time in this house. But it might just be the dodgy wiring!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks for visiting!
Spooky story!
A ghost might've sat on the remote by mistake!

5:41 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

a cat ghost that was settling down for nice nap on our sofa!

5:50 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hurrah! I've finally managed to catch up with reading your blog and it turned out to be very interesting -
loved all the stuff about your weekend and then came the spooky stuff .... Betty's comments were fascinating .......
and then to top it all there appeared a dear little face peeping out from your comments! Sooo nice to see you when you're 'talking'
~(:o})=

6:45 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Isn't your profile pic fantastic! I love it. It really captures 'you' - I'm most jealous and think that I must, one day, reveal myself!!

You are gorgeous.

Watch out for those lightbulbs. It's very interesting what you say about Andy and his watch. I'm telling you, your family is a prime target for this kind of activity. Also, look at your fingers, are they really pink at the tips, or flushed pink? And check Andy's. That's another sign that you are 'special'. I bet everyone is looking at their fingers now. It's true.

Also, Trac - that trolley thing is definitely part of it. I get that too.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I bet you if you had your wiring checked, it would be fine. In fact, I'm going to ask you something else. Do the lights in your house, or any of the houses you've lived in, suddenly dim or flick off and you're not sure if it's just you blinking? I bet they have or do now.

It's really your strength that's doing it. It's brilliant and nothing to worry about. It's a gift. It also means that you are very good with people.
Betty 'the psychic one' reveals more on Daytime TV/blog tomorrow!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Wow, to the photo. Lucky Andy!!!

I'm not really in to poltergeists and stuff. I've had no experiences along those lines and I guess I'm a big sceptic (is that right?). But I have no idea why the TV would do that.

Too tired tonight. Sorry can't find any wit at all.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh they you are Luce, can you leave a message on my blog with that cheeky little face..Hope you sleep well tonight...
you so pretty :-)

10:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Ps I get electric shocks when I kiss Floss!

10:02 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Oh yes, we all love a good ghost story. But I don't want to be part of it! Let's hope my TV behaves itself tonight! (I'm a sceptic too except in the middle of the night)

11:06 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I'm a sceptic too but a big scared wussy one! I don't want to be proved wrong!! I would have been very scared if I were in your shoes. I have a very vivid imagination but I am good at talking myself out of it. I have to, I am alone in this huge house a lot and it wouldn't do to be scared :-/

Love your picture, you're gorgeous :-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

What a lovely message you left last night! thanks and so nice to see your face again.. I hope last night was uneventful for you all..


Floss is doing really well at school and starts her little catholic school in september! thankfully they don't push religion down them. It's a fine school attached to the city cathedral and near enough for her to walk to and fro.

She's doing ok, some problems still with maths but generally good for a bilingual girl, her french is perfect, she's french! and just speaks english at home! You should hear Titch, she speaks more french than english, it's so funny.. I should have written you an email...

Can you come over again with Letty and look at the flowers with me please??? Or come for a long weekend with the girls???

8:13 AM  
Blogger oakland heidi said...

I know lots of people believe in ghosts, but having never seen one myself, I'm skeptical. Yet, I too have experienced creep unexplained sounds. Ugghhh. If it continues, you will probably grow use to it and even find it amusing. Most people who claim to live in "haunted houses" do. I've never met anyone in real life who has been terrorized. I've just seen them on TV, and that makes them suspicious.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home