Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The New Technological and Literary Phenonemonmenonmenon

Now that we bloggers have been featured on The News At Ten I'd better pull my socks up! Apparently we are the new literary phenomenonmenemsnem. With literary agents reading this very blog!

Me and the birthday cake remains have travelled south today to visit Lettuce. It's so strange being back. It feels SO familiar as if I still live round the corner!

We've had a lovely day so far....managed to offload the kids. Alice has a sleepover at another friends and Lettuce's hubby M has taken LG and H and India (not the sub-continent you understand) into Woolwich for something greasy. Lettuce and I had a lovely lunch in a pub that seems to have become Lettuce's local for lachrymosity! But lachrymosity today, oh no! After that we did a bit of child ferrying and dropping off to be free again for a visit to the local garden centre. After that, Lettuce mentioned an exciting new coffee bar she'd heard about on Shooter's Hill. So we went but it was closed. There was a sign on the door saying something about the owner had gone to do a PR lunch launch in the south of France!



We are currently eating pistachios and on our second large gin and tonic (hic).

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I'm glad you're both having a lovely time. And the sun was shining again today. Found out today that I have a wonky cornea/lens so that was probably what was causing the dizziness etc so new glasses (big expense) but can see again!! Have a gin for me you two.....xxxxx

7:24 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I expect you are well on the way to drunken stupors by now so logging onto the computer will probably be beyond either of you.
And you probably can't remember anything about the house in the photo or indeed who Betty, Wendy or I am (or should that be "are" - I become more foreign as the alcohol flows).

Have fun.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Thanks Rambling for your advice re S. I will indeed mention counselling.

Hahahaha re communication with you husband. Still waiting for that love story by the way!

Have a good time in Provence.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
That's my house!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
That's my car!!!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!
Oh my Godmichet!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Very funny girls :-)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I can finally speak, having been rendered speechless! I've NEVER been so shocked at a blog post before!

Now you can see why I hate my house so much! Worse still, now everyone can see why I hate my house so much!

Oh my godmichet!! How did you know where I live?? You two should be private dicks! Is that what they're called? Not sure.. don't care, just wanted to say that word in your comments! I'm still in shock!

hope you sorted out my front garden while you were there

I wonder where my husband was??

and my cat?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

mmm...salty and gin...what time is it?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Have a good time in Provence. Are you climbing the mountain as well?

I will speak to you again when I am back from Munich (18 April).

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home