Thursday, March 16, 2006

More of the same....

I think I have seasonal affective disorder with Tourettes. Every time I step outside the door I swear like Hugh Grant and that poor woman who died of an asthma attack at the beginning of Four Weddings and a Funeral!

Well, hubby came home last night. Me and the girls were at Olympic swimming so didn't arrive home until 9. We all had a bit of 'family time' and then we put the girls to bed. After doing this is was about 9.40 and hubby then said he was knackered and had to go to bed too. Feeling that we just hadn't communicated for four days I texted him this morning and asked; 'do you love me?' to which he replied 'Yup, why what have you done?' (!!!!)

I then asked him what he wanted for his birthday (week after next) to which he replied with an email with all the links in to what he wants! I haven't bothered to see what they are yet, but I can guess they are either DVD's or books on, yes, you've guessed it, cycling. The man's obsessed!

Thought I'd try this:

1. Name of band/artist: The Floyd
2. Are you male or female: Matilda Mother
3. Describe yourself: Comfortably numb
4. How do you feel about yourself: Marooned
5. Describe your exgirlfriend/boyfriend: Paranoid eyes
6. Describe current girlfriend/boyfriend: High hopes
7. Describe where you want to be: Fletcher memorial home
8. Describe how you live: Get your filthy hands off my desert!
9. Describe how you love: Wearing the inside out!
10.What would you ask for if you had just one wish? Money
11. Share a few words of wisdom: Run like hell
12. Now say goodbye: Goodbye cruel world

Dr Clementi in ER is HOT! I think spring is on the way because I feel the sap rising! (Despite the SAD Tourettes)

PS: No news!

Oh yes, finally, the house we made an offer on. We made a low offer which wasn't exactly rejected. They said 'well, if it's still not sold in a few weeks we might consider it' . But today the estate agent phoned to say that there might be another offer coming in ten grand higher than our offer and they can proceed. He asked us if we wanted to up our offer. I said I'd discuss it with my husband and phone him in the morning. Discussing it with A tonight we concluded that we just aren't sure that what the estate agent said was true. Is he just saying this to make us increase our offer? There's just no way of knowing, these estate agents are so unscrupulous. We've made a decision that we are prepared to pay ten more than our offer so that's what we'll offer tomorrow.

16 Comments:

Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hahaha. Yes, comfortably numb is a good one isn't it? Pink Floyd do great song names so it wasn't difficult!

THanks for doing the BS for me.

Well, I know it will be Elvis but which song? (for the funeral). And, btw, have you written all this down so that your nearest and dearest can fulfill these wishes?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Thanks for those words of wisdom I intend to heed them next time I'm in a restaurant:-0 House buying is sooo stressful, good luck with your decision :-)

8:10 AM  
Blogger leon's life said...

Rambling woman - I wouldn't trust
an estate agent as far as I could throw them. We had this stunt pulled on us too, and as you say there is no way to know if it's true or not !

I guess if you really LOVE the house it's worth it otherwise don't bother as there will be something that you fall in love with.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Tourettes, well, well. I think you will find Tourettes a major advantage when dealing with the estate agent. In fact, estate agents probably think everyone has Tourettes!

Yes, house buying is awful. I still quake when I remember buying the Laurels. We had to go to sealed bids in the end and I probably bid about twice as much as the next buyer down or something silly cos I had fallen for the place.

I too toyed with the Scissor Sisters(there's a pretty picture). Loved your Floyd titles though.

10:46 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hmmmm we had the same dilemma with this house. No one was interested in it for months then just as we put in an offer someone else was on the scene forcing us to up our bid. They then upped theirs but we were able to move faster so we won. We were always suspicious of the estate agents (slimy beings) but then the other bidders sent the house seller a very sad letter saying how devastated they were not to get it. I guess you need to trust your instincts. I always make friends with the house seller as soon as I can so we can bypass estate agents.

love your Pink Floyd titles. Isn't it funny talking of funeral songs? Mum and I have made our funeral tapes, not cos we're morbid but just cos we want to listen to them now while we are still here, hehehehe

Isn't it a long time to keep you waiting for a reply on your job?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Lol at euro-trac!! I loved your list! I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. Miss youxxx

2:18 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Yes, I love my funeral tape - well, I would, wouldn't I? Tho' it was made so long ago now I should do it again and see what has changed.

7:34 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

SAD Tourettes - thats very funny, and so true!!! lets hope its a bit warmer tomorrow.....

9:34 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Don't believe estate agents! They are the scum of the Earth!
Play hard to get and you'll get your way!
I can't stand the buggers...
F..k, f..k, f..k......

12:38 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Gambling woman, my grandmother was half irish! 20% is good...

6:05 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hey Luce, is the woman my pic reminds you of called Linda Robson??

8:08 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Yes, Linda Robson. And no youdon't really look like that. Your face is much nicer and more smiley! She really does look like a grumpy old woman. Have you stopped blogger GOW? You no longer have a blog!

9:48 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi,
I so do still have a blog, Luce.
How strange.
Maybe if you click on Dons or Tats link to me you'll see it?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I just walked back from the Post Office chuckling away at the thought of your SAD tourettes.

I hope you get good news with regard to the house.

12:56 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Wot, still no blog?!

Too busy playing tennis i suppose.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Me too, I curse everytime I see you haven't updated.....

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home