Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy St David's Day to my very dear Welsh friend!


Today's 'Memorial of the moment' theme is food! From the savoury to the just too sickly for words! And here they are: (Shame we don't have any cheese to go with the Krackers and Branston - No! I hear you scream, there's enough cheese there to go round!)



Yesterday, I made pancakes. Why do we only have these once a year? (apart from when we go to Brittany and have them on a near daily basis!) They are lovely, (when I get the mixture right). But I only like them with sugar and lemon (in France, I have them with onions and emmenthal, and my favourite sweet crepe filling is......wait for it..... pears, chantilly, and chocolate (or cherries instead of pears but that's not always offered) - yumm yummm. But somehow in blighty I only fancy them with lemon and sugar. It's the same with crumpets. I just love them, but only with butter and marmite - not jam or any other topping. Weird eh?

Call me shallow but when I saw David Cameron on the TV talking about his new ideas I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying but just kept looking at his fantastic kitchen! Reminds me of Wood and Walters once playing women who are discussing the previous night's news - " Did you see the 10 o'clock news?" "Oh, yes, shocking wasn't it" "Yes, absolutely shocking, I couldn't believe it" "Yes, what was she thinking wearing that blouse with that jacket!" haha

Why does my weather pixie never put a coat on even when it's -1c brrrrrrr. Makes me cold just looking at her.

6 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Love the gravestones again. Did you find any that said 'Cornish Pasty'? I can't wait for the next instalment. What will be the next category? I think they are really sweet.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Could we have a purely ridiculous set....the most outrageously silly names ever?

1:05 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Well, you will have to see what tomorrow brings! But, rest assured it will please Trac greatly!

1:27 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Best blog pictures!

But after you said crumpets with marmite, I had to go and eat some. Marmite is like Indian food that way, once thought of it has to be eaten soon as poss. (tho I do like honey with crumpets too...)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Are there any famous names out there? You could have a kind of Hollywood Hall of Fame one or a 'Heat' special??

Famous authors?
Ooh, the possibilities are endless. Famous couples? Any Brad and Angelina's out there?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

OOps sorry, rogue apostrophe there. Good English!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home