Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ice cold in Ipswich

Just had a call from the school I have an interview at on Monday. They've had to reschedule the interview to the following Monday because of the funeral of the boy that was killed in the coach crash in Germany is taking place (he went to that school). Very sad. However, it suits me fine as I am stuck in with ailing children and unable to go into town to a) get a haircut and b) buy a new outfit or augment existing outfit! (Well, one has to get something new for an interview!)

Have absolutely nothing to blog today. Both girls are off school with this bug and I seem to have something similar. My head is pounding. Woke up to a white world today, snowing hard, but has turned to sleet now. It's SO blinking cold here, I SO want spring to start. The daffodils are all up and starting to form flower buds here but the weather is so freezing....brrrrrr. I'm sitting here with a blanket around me, girls are wrapped up in their duvets on sofas in front of box. I think we'll just hibernate until April.

Did a Radio Two competition to see David Gilmour in concert at the Mermaid
Theatre in London. If I get tickets I will be the happiest woman alive!

Recently discovered a new comedy programme on TV (probably years after everyone's been watching it!) called The Mighty Boosh - very very funny.

That's all for now. Crawling back to my cave....


PS: Can you guess how much I like linking now that I can do it?

PPS: If you look at the link of Dave Gilmour (David as he wants to be called now that he is a grown up) you can see the picture of him as he looked in the 70's! He SO doesn't look like that now! Don't think I would have fancied him back then - those lips, far too fleshy....a la James Blunt!

PPS: (now I just can't stop) Just heard that Roger Waters is going to play Dark Side of the Moon live for the first timein 20 years this summer at a Danish music festival. Now if you look at the before and after pictures of him in the link....well, let's just say he's much more my type!

PPPPPPSSSSS. just testing my psychic abilities here: I was thinking about Holly Hunter today and wondering when she's going to do another film.....watch this space

8 Comments:

Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Trac!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO impressed! I don't need to do Radio 2 competitions when i have CONTACTS!!!! OOOhhh you have REALY impressed me i'm making typing errors. Next timeyou get a whiff of a gig DO let me know....pleeeeeese.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

It really is so cold here too. We went to Greenwich today and it was so depressing that we came home again. But we did manage to stop off for a hot chocolate and muffin (yum) in Ottaker's. Has anybody else asked for a 'medium' coffee or chocolate in there. I thought it was actually a bucket I was drinking from! Has anyone ever dared to ask for a large. Goodness only knows what that is like! Still, L enjoyed sharing it, saying, 'this chocolate drink is delicccccious!'

3:00 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

PS - I can play the entire music of 'Dark Side of the Moon' on the piano. Are you impressed?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Anybody with little kids think that the music from 'Doodle Do' on CBeebies sounds like a Syd Barrett song?

3:02 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

i would pay SERIOUS money to see Pink Floyd live too... My daughter has been able to greatly impress her school friends by telling them about "Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict"...
But I need to down load a copy of Relics...
I know what you mean about the lips, but he did have that cool Che Guavarra look going for him in the 70's

4:19 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

btw, seeing you only just started watching Shameless at it ended - they are repeating the last series from next week - WATCH IT!!!

great blog, even when you have nothing to say.

4:27 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi RW,
The Mighty Boosh! - I love it - I haven't known anyone else who watches it - it can get really surreal, can't it? And so funny.
Mmmmm, Pink Floyd - I've seen them lots of times too. Good memories.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

I never noticed Dave Gilmour's fleshy lips, I was always completely hypnotised by his spacey eyes!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home