Wednesday, February 22, 2006

spring is springing

Hello Blog,

If anyone is thinking that spring is never going to arrive and we are still in the depths of winter then they ought to look out of my window! At any one time during the day I can count up to ten baby rabbits in my garden! They are far less shy than the parents (Don't look at me, I'm eating your grass... )and don't run away when I go out, the cheek of it! Good job I don't have any prize cabbages in my plot. I know how Mr McGregor felt!

Youngest is still off sick today. Had to cancel my tennis lesson. The tennis coach wasn't too pleased with me but it can't be helped. So, I'm stuck in again. Yesterday, I was completely inactive and spent most of my time on the computer. I think it was just a reaction to being alone again (apart from youngest, watching CBBC on sofa) after the half term! I think I need Dons' Paul McKenna CD though because yesterday between computering I ate nearly the whole of the contents of my kitchen cupboards! I watched, 'You are What you Eat' last night and thought perhaps I should start the Gillian McKeith eating regime - that woman lost 2.5 stone in 8 weeks! Mind you that buckwheat or millet porridge she gives them looks disgusting. I always think I eat healthily but then I think 'what would Gillian McKeith say?' Bloody hell, it seems the only thing we are safe eating is rabbit food......best go and join them critters on the grass then.

8 Comments:

Blogger ramblingwoman said...

PS; I know noone will comment today because they are having coffee in Blackheath Starbucks with Tatty! Wish I was there...sob sob....

10:40 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

We'll miss you! wish you were here too. XX

3:24 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi RW,
That Giliian McKeith's eating regime sucks! She makes losing weight and eating healthily seem like a punishment.
Hope I don't sound preachy about this, but the Paul McKenna way of doing things is to eat what you like. The good thing is that, after reading his book and listening to the CD, you find that "what you like" turns out to be really delicious food that also happens to be healthy.
It's early days yet but I'm really enjoying it - thanks to Dons making me do it.
I was eating everyting in sight before then :o}

6:35 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I still here, not coffeeing in Blackheath :-)

I'm with GOW I hate the McKeith woman. If she eats healthily why does she look so sallow and pinched. I too watched it last night and just kept thinking what terrible posture she has. She could do with a few yoga classes!!! Whenever I have tried to do detox diets (like Carol Voderman etc), or fads like Atkins I feel sooooo miserable and end up eating crap again once I have lost weight only more so than when I started. I am very happy with the Paul McKenna system so far. I eat exactly what I want and, yes like GOW, find myself wanting very healthy things (like yoghurt whch I NEVER ate before). I have had no chocolate for 17 days because I did a visualisation which made no longer want it! Sorry to bang on about it but it does work :-)

7:27 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

well thanks dons and gow. Maybe, I should give it a go....

10:35 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I think Gillian is a silly woman. Anyone who spends that much time digging around in other people's poo needs their head testing if you ask me! Still, if she keeps hunting and digging, she might find gold or...errr..maybe some sweetcorn. Ew!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I do live near the Vosges..at the foothills actually...lots and lots and lots of forests and trees and more trees.. a tad depressing, I find. But I can't move. Nice place to holiday but not to live. Actually I think France is a nice place to holiday but not to live!

Your paintings are smashing. Love them. Hope you get that commission from the rich man with gazillions.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I'm not having Coffee with Tatty!

You know, while "Dr" Gillian McKeith drives me insane, I cannot stop watching what she does to folks' diets! I may have to dob myself in to her and lose more weight!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home