Tuesday, February 14, 2006

visitors!

Hi Blog,

Can't put much on today as am preparing for the arrival of Lettuce and Little Gem (her daughter!) They are coming until Friday, and hopefully Lettuce will have a nice, restful time.

I went to Sainsbury's yesterday and bought lots of lettuce, and bananas! I have just made a Lemon Drizzle cake and it's only 9.10! Made a malt loaf last night - can't eat it for three days. Haven't made malt loaf for years!

Anyway, quickly, Life on Mars - what did it for us last night? That's if anyone's still watching? Well, for me, obviously it was the bottle of Quash!!! I did wonder how they would bring water in as we just didn't have bottled water back then - can't think what we used to drink when we were out and about in those days! I suppose people took thermos's! The other thing that did it for me was the library card! Remember them? Aaah. The Casio watch didn't do it, nor did all those old fashioned clocks! I enjoyed it last night though.

So, may not be able to blog in next few days, as will be busy with Lettuce. Have booked a den making morning for the kids at Jimmys farm on Thursday and hope to go to Colchester Zoo on Thursday.

So bye for now ....... and Tat..... if you have time please tell me how to have Lettuce and Jimmy's Farm as links please?

PS: Had the strangest dream last night... dreamed I was at Dons' house and using her tumble dryer a lot. I had a suitcase to pack and her husband was there and I had feeling they wanted me to hurry up with my washing and leave! How odd is that.... have only met Dons once, have never met her husband or been to her house!

4 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

hahahaha and my tumble dryer doesn't work. I drape everything over the aga to dry. My kitchen looks like a chinese laundry most of the time.

Enjoy your time with lettuce. Sounds like she has a lot on her plate, no wonder she can't sleep poor love.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

hahaha funny dream, well i shall be there next week using her tumble dryer, opps broken forgot. I did a link for Lettuce didn't you see it, do you want me to sneak in a do jimmys farm, anything else while I'm at it it's not like i've got a job that consumes my very being from 9 until 6! mais for you biche anything. Lettuce is meeting me in london next week, I'm gonna give her a big cuddle, I wish I was nearer for her at this time, it sucks! I was thinking a lot about her today and Mike! Memories etc......
now back to work

1:47 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I really like the white poster type thingy on the last entry. How did you do that? I have just written two sonnets - my first ever - all about lights and finding your way home they are. I hope you are ok.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I think that dons looks like a nice person. I wonder if she is good with an aga. I'm always impressed with people who have got agas. And that baby is so sweet. So cute!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home