Wednesday, February 08, 2006

today I be mostly eating sainsburys taste the difference houmous!

hello blog.

Today, I thought how reliant I am on my husband for so many things that I have very nearly stopped being self-reliant. For example, I like riding my bike around but recently the farmers have been cutting their hedges and the roads are covered in sharp twigs. Consequently, I've sustained two or three punctures. When hubby gets home, (well I give him a few minutes to take his coat off) I say, 'Ive got a puncture, will you repair it for me so I can go out on my bike, please?' or words to that effect. Well, he does because he's good like that. But at the moment he's still suffering with his cold and last night he didn't mend my puncture. This morning the weather so was so gorgeous and the sky was so blue I just had to go out on my bike so I mended my own puncture! When I was a girl I always had my bike upside down and two of my mum's spoons to lever off the tyre, I never thought twice. Anyway, it took me a while but I managed to change the inner tube (no puncture repair kits for me!) and pumped it up. I was so proud of myself. I cycled round to my tennis lesson (yes, I know) but half way there was a noise and then all the air just rushed out of my tyre! What did I do wrong? I wheeled it to the tennis club, had my lesson and then popped round to my sister's (who lives nearby) to blow it up, but the pump just pumped and the air just escaped. Boy, am I crap! Now I have to rely on hubby again, but this time I will ask him to give me a master class in changing inner tubes...

You know the hip woman with Pink Floyds pictures who invited me to her book club? Well, I emailed her and heard nothing. But got home today and there was a message on answer phone from her (she must have got my number from agent - is that allowed?) to say the book club is tomorrow and I could come to hers first and we could go together. How nice is that? Well I won't be able to read the book in 24 hours but who cares!

Well, that's all for now, blog... seeing that old friend from Charlton tonight.

And on a less domestic note.....as Trac says 'has the world gone mad?' I think we should fight for freedom of speech. This jailing of Abu Hamza worries me....did he really do the things they said he did? Where's his freedom of speech? Yes, he's extreme, but has he actually done anything? Has he been stitched up, made an example of? I wonder if any British publication will replicate the cartoons as they have done in France in defiance. Hmmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

which friend? hope you have a good time. xx

10:01 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Well done for at least trying to fix your puncture. I wouldn't have a clue. I get so annoyed with myself for being so reliant on men for certain things. For example I have a pair of curtains to hang in Lizzy's room that have been waiting since June to have the pole fixed in place. I have no confidence with a drill and screwdriver otherwise it would have been done in a trice!!! Mind you I felt better when I moaned about this to a friend who then told me that she has a blind waiting to go up in her bathroom since she moved into her house.................20 years ago!!!!!!!!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I have to make my own houmous because they don't do it here, well rarely, not like in the UK, still it's easy peasy japoneasy methinks, where are you Luby Lou?

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home