Tuesday, January 31, 2006

IT'S OFFICIAL

It's official folks, being Billy No Mates is cool! Well, according to my Red magazine which was delivered yesterday. They did a whole article on women who do things on their own. One woman, like me, takes herself to the cinema, toute seule!

I have become slightly paranoid about this Robin malarkey. Why would a robin wind up brown bread in a pot next to my backdoor? As I was walking back from delivering children to school this morning (yes, I drove the mile there, parked the car, dropped kids and WALKED back) I happened to walk in a field (we live in the country, and therefore, unavoidable) and I got followed along the hedge by a ROBIN! I began to feel like that woman from 'The Birds' (was it Tippy Hedron?) OR, another explanation as my oldest pointed out, that nasty neighbours are depositing dead things near our back door as a vendetta? However, youngest, suggested that the bird merely flew into the glass panel of the conservatory (where the back door is) and knocked itself out and died, no less. Well, rational explanation from the youngest member of the family! BTW - I disposed of the other robin with my hands in about seven plastic bags!

Anyway, hubby now in Scotland. He phoned me just now to say he had just landed and it was -8c and blowing a blizzard! Aren't we glad we don't live in Scotland today?

On my way back home before I walked in a field (I am rambling now, literally and figuratively) I went to my local Co-op. They do Co-op BIGTIME in Ipswich. However, they are a million miles different from Co-op Charlton SE7. Not only do they know what an avocado is, the shop assistants are not covered head to foot in tatoos, gold, or have a serious dental problem. The secondary school pupils that were in there this morning had no air of menace about them either and were not shouting words that I didn't understand at the top of their voices. Neither was there a burly security man standing at the entrance! I didn't know the world could be like this! (although, did notice the shop assistant had an extra thumb and there was a banjo behind the till)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

hahahaha, and what about the spots? they were always spotty in charlton coop weren't they and as for herbert road coop, don't even go there, literaly... I think youngish child is probably right about rocket robin, sad... good old you for the walk, i am watching what i'm eating, got my eye on an eclair right now!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

my subscriptions run out, i like red! It pleases you now?, will do the rest later when you send me info....

3:41 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Love your new look sweetie :-)

I remember my old coop in Bromley. Hated it. I love our country bumpkin one, it's very civilised :-)

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home