Friday, January 27, 2006

living for the weekend!

So, Simon Hughes has had to fess up as well now (as if we didn't know). Honestly, the tabloid press annoys me. Really annoys me. Although, I didn't approve of the Mark Oaten thing because he was a deceitful liar to his family. Poor Simon Hughes has not pretended to be something he isn't but just tried to keep his private life private. One's sexuality isn't the issue it's the lack of honesty that is.

Also, I'm a bit worried about the Palestinian issue now. Will be watching with interest how long it will take the US to intervene and overthrow a party that has been democratically elected, just because they are enemies to Israel. (Oh, I know it's quite a bit more complex than that, but, this is my blog!)

Anyway, enough of world issues! I'm off to Blue Water tomorrow! Going to meet my friend Sue for a chatfest. We are all going but hoping that A will take the kids off to Claire's accessories for 2 hours while me and sue can get down to some good chatting. You know, eleven year old girls have a habit of REALLY wanting to listen to what mum and friend are talking about, and get SO affronted when they are told that their mother is having a private conversation. Honestly, they think they own us!

Poor H, has developed a funny skin condition on her stomach, a bit on her inner thigh and a bit on her inner upper arm. It's itchy and the scabby bits are round - any ideas? I think it's a type of dermatitis, or ezcema (never had it before). Any ideas? Since we've been here she's been wearing tights to school (proper laydee tights) which might have aggravated the skin, coupled with the stress of the move and stuff.

Well. After Blue Water we are going into London to stay with E and R for the night. They are our old next door neighbours - it'll be funny staying next door to our old house! Apparantly the new owners have knocked down a few walls and painted the conservatory orange and put lots of ferns and wicker furniture in it! (ewww) On the Sunday , we are going to C and M's for Sunday lunch, so a good weekend is in the offing!

Oh, yes, talking to one of my 'new friends' at tennis yesterday. We were discussing houses and how long it took them to find theirs (they moved last September). I asked 'have you got a big garden?' to which she replied 'yes, it's pretty big, we've put a swimming pool at the end and my
husband wants to build a tennis court!" Oh, so that'll be pretty big then! Also, my friend at Otley Hall asked if I wanted to come and join her at her tennis court for a game of doubles at some time? I know it's my own inferiority complex but I'm struggling to feel comfortable in this 'milieu', all their children go to private schools. I'm just a normal gal from Charlton, innit? I dunno I need some therapy! Yes, I know, I am just 'being myself' , and they're all lovely people who seem to like me too, so no doubt I'll get used to all this as I get to know them as 'people'. Better, hurry up with the diet if I'm going to be invited to pool parties come the summer!





5 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

My gosh all your new friends sound terribly posh what and rich what, not like us what! Glad peace is restored chez toi. I'm having a mdical crisis of my own, you know me. That cake was double mixtures, it was quite something, it's all because i want to show them french girls how it's really done! Simon Hughes, Guy knows him, it's no secret but like you say personal....

12:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Who's C & M?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

can i have that duck recipe?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Me again, not visiting S & M then?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Dear Lucy,

I have destroyed my blog! I did it when I wasn't very well. I have been in hospital for a week. However, I have made a new one now, so go and visit if you like. I am heavily sedated so it's quite pleasant but very strange.

I'm sorry if I wrote you any weird e-mails or comments. Some of it I can't remember.

www.facesinthewater.blogspot.com

I hope you like it, although I lost alot of my stuff and had to cut and paste into one entry. Oh well. Never mind. Onto brighter, better things now.
Rosiexxxx

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home