Thursday, February 02, 2006

you'll never believe what's happened to me (say in Cath Tate voice)


Good afternoon, blogsters. I know I have got some lurkers out there. Lurkers! You know who your are! Leave some juice for luce!

Well, two funny things happened to me yesterday. When I was sitting at Olympic Swimming lessons for two hours (because Hubby in Scotland had to take both kids and wait around) I got talking at length to a woman who's kids go to my kids' school. Ooooooh er, did she tell me some juicy gossip. Listening? Well, (fold your arms here and hitch up your boobs) her husband only got up and left her last year didn't he? And, not only that, he left her for her friend, another mum in the playground. Oooh no, really, (I hear you gasp). BUT not only that. Before he upped and left her, theywere all friends together, this woman, her hubby, and the other woman's hubby (following?) When I say 'friends' I mean friends in the biblical sense! YES! Swing out sister!

Now, if this was the only thing that had happened to me yesterday, I would have thought 'that's it I'm going back to Charlton, this place is just TOO small town for me). But I went to see two houses that had just come on the market. The first one was owned by an artist. She was lovely and her house was too small but lovely. She had a tame rabbit and chickens in the garden. I just thought to myself 'can I be your friend please?' But alas, I was just looking at her house.
The other house we went to see was fabulous and I think I'd like to buy it. It, too was owned by really hip people with limited edition prints of Pink Floyd album covers on wall. Big Georgian house, LUVERLY proportions. Sadly, though ,it's opposite the YMCA, and the road is a bit run down (ie, big houses , but lots of them flats or centres for the deaf, or something, you know what I mean)

Well, had two hours of wonderful tennis today, followed by coffee. My new friend Wendy's husband turned up at the end and he was really nice and personable so that bodes well!

Bye for now.......

9 Comments:

Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Hi Luce! New reader Antipo here... I'm getting a good laugh from your blog and the fact that you, Tat, Dons, Eurotrac and Hippo Pepperpot all sound like you're all sitting round a cup of tea together and having a good natter, even though you're geographically challenged. Great fun!

3:22 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

Swingers, we sell a magazine at the store for swingers...its a popular past time, but I just don't get it...I'm not judging, cause, hey to each their own. Swingers parties are a dime a dozen, it seems, who knew!

9:25 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hello wendy, thanks for de-lurking. I'm not technically minded (Tat did my blog layout) so couldn't work out how to leave comment on yours without a full biog!

BTW I used to be an ESL teacher!

10:10 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Thanks to all the lurkers who 'came out' - there are a couple more - S are you listening? and possibly C!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Hi Luce! Just wandered over from Antipo's website which I onlyh just found via Caroline's website (Trivial Pursuit)...but, your new friend, Wendy...she isn't the one whose husband left her for her best friend who she and her ex-husband were swinging with...is she?

10:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

How do you know you have have lurkers? have you a checky thingey, will e-mail you aletr with my new homepage link....
Bizzzzzzzz

7:18 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh my god so they're all swingers in your village, i knew it leave the big lights and end up swinging! Oh you do like a bit of juice don't you, do you like the changes or shall I change something again? Anyway just wanted to say hell to some of your lurkers I might know some C? why did the book club crumble in my absence, do you ever see the laydees?????

8:00 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

And C? what of the beach hut, we heard about all the nonsence, glad we sold ours for heaps of money before the new landlords came and upped the price and then it go burnt down anyway !!!!!!!Oh my godmichet!

8:02 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oooooh eeeeeer indeed! You watch that Wendy's husband or you'll be swinging before you know it, hehehe ;-)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home