Wednesday, March 29, 2006

lip pressing, eye welling, mouth twitching, tear jerking, heart swelling, face laughing, SCHOOL PLAY!

You may click on the video, but to anyone who isn't a parent of one of these children, it's VERY VERY BORING! The end is nice though, this was the finale - 120 kids on the stage at the same time!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MXSxCtbXDc

Well, I had a weird NIGHT last night. Firstly, I was awakened at about 2.45am to the sound of a man's voice. Waking suddenly, with heart pounding I realised that Andy had had a call from work and was talking to someone on his phone in the sitting room. When he came back we had a brief chat and then I tried to get back to sleep. Then my phone made a weird unfamiliar noise. We had a bit of an argument as to whose phone had made the noise until I was forced to get up and check. It was mine, it was my phone reminding me that I had Alice's parents evening at 3.45 PM and it was telling me at 3.30 AM! Obviously I should have used the 24 hour clock. Doh!

Then as I was getting to sleep there was a strange light, like a mobile phone light. But I had turned mine off lest it interrupt me again. Andy and I had a brief argument as to what this light might have been. I then lay in bed for a long time in anxiety that someone with a torch was wandering around the house!! Andy, got up for work at his usual time (5am) and I slept fitfully until getting up time 6am! Bloody hell! Is all I can say.

Yesterday, I spent three hours on my allotment! This is how it currently looks!

As you can see, (those of you who might have a modicum of interest - that'll be just Meg then, I have dug the foreground. The background is still ploughed field. My neighbour (him with the black bags) gave me loads of seed potatoes and the neighbour on the other side gave me loads of onion sets. The field warden, took pity on me when I said how I loved rhubarb but only have one plant and divided his up for me. I now have a row of rhubarb! Oh joy!


UPDATE: JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY DREAM HOUSE HAS SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE. NOW I HAVE HOUSE BUYER'S TOURETTES! (oh f**k, b****r, b*****d!)

23 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

There's something about school plays. I felt a bit snivelly watching that and I don't know any of the children in it. Children singing - ahhh!

Manchester.

I'm sure that is Meg's allotment. It looks just the same.

So you like salsa. Ah well, one day you will have to come with us, oh and bring Andy, I remember he is good at dancing too!! I don't think I am very good but I was too drunk to care. This Polish chap tried to chat us up and I suddenly developed an ability to speak fluent Polish - funny what happens when you are drunk.

Glad to hear you were up in the small hours too.

I'm feeling a bit tired now. How about you?

1:02 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

yes. knackered! It's Andy's birthday tomorrow and Alice's on Monday! It's birthday central round here!

We aren't going out though. At 47 Andy's ability to go salsa -ing until 3 and then get up three hours later for work are long gone. AND he's in training for this mountain climb next week! So I will just have to drink all the CAVA then. Shame

1:08 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

I ignored your warning and watched the video - ahhhhhh! soooo sweet!
~(:o})=

1:13 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

You made me laugh with the photo of your allotment. I've been digging up on mine and I thought to myself I'd put my feet up and look at some blogs and forget about allotments for a while. No chance of that eh?

Your soil looks good. My allotment had been empty for a while and the soil was so full of rubbish people must have dumped over time.

My back aches so much.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Great allotment - it's massive! I bet you've got lots of ideas for it though.

2:05 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

I've never grown vegetables before...well I do have a rubarb plant and it grows very well. I have tried tomatoes, but they never work out that ... I do well with flowers.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh Rambling Woman, that is very bad news. There will be somewhere else though and you will find it. It's such a nuisance to have to start looking all over again though.

I'm very sorry.

4:18 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

AAwwww! yes, children singing - and looked like there was quite a bit of laughter going on too. Great.

Glad to hear you and Andy still do things in bed other than sleep.

I'm very interested in the allotment too. So there.

And so sorry about the house.

:o(

I'll try and have another dream for you.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Sorry about the housexxx

6:20 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Oh what a pisser about the house. It might fall through yet - many a slip or whatever the saying is.

So Andy is an aries like me. Good chap. I hope he has a good birthday. And how old will Alice be on Monday?

Are there any mountains in Suffolk?

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Poo Tit Bum about the house!

9:12 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Oh, I've just seen your later entry about the house - I'm so sorry :o{

8:24 AM  
Blogger leon's life said...

A big round of applause for the digging.

Double shit for the house. Let's hope that the buyer find that it's got dry rot and that you go on to find a real little paradise !

10:20 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Yes, I know what you mean about the poo-tit-bum. I have had to stop myself saying it out loud - not appropriate in assembly really.

Water has gone off here.(poo-tit-bum!!) Need to see what's happening. Perhaps I'll be able to send the blighters home?

Did Andy like his present?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

The water is back on (pootitbum).

Are you really going to drink both bottles yourself? What a martyr! I think I will go to Thursday Drinks tonight, can't have you drinking alone.

So it's a mountain bike climb. I had envisaged crampons and things.

Does Andy have one of those Brompton bikes? Ruth just got one the other week - weird thing!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I see Tess is blogging rather than working.

Yes, I did panic about the guinea pig, they're so hard to get hold of - no neck, no tail. It didn't bite me though.

Have fun with your muck. I'll take a picture of my allotment next time I go up. I'll see if I can catch George too.

2:01 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I'm so sorry that you lost out on that house. It obviously wasn't meant to be Luce. Your one is waiting for you, you can be sure of that. I am so impressed by your digging.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Caca, michon, cul!

9:44 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Hope you had a good time last night. Happy Birthday Andy! xx

7:36 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

So how was the cava?

11:51 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Wot no blogging?

Too busy with your new friends.

Watchu up too Luce?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Yeah, this is too bad. Get blogging.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

caca, las tetas,el culo

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home