Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Feel Good Factor

Robert Downey Jnr, if you stay off the drugs, I'll marry you.



I went to my book club last night. Last time I went there were seven of us. Last night there were thirteen. The book we read was 'Let's Talk about Kevin' by Lionel Shriver. If you haven't read this book I recommend it if you want to feel really depressed! (Not a good choice if you've just been turned down for PGCE/job or having trouble with your child!!!) Having said that I did enjoy the book, the story was 'interesting' and it was really well written. It caused a great deal of discussion in our book club I can tell you. During a discussion about 'nature over nurture', one woman said that when her daughter was old enough to talk and up to the age of about four, kept telling her that she wasn't her mummy, her real mummy was dead, and she had brothers and sisters and that her real name was Elizabeth. This woman firmly believed in re-incarnation for this reason! Her daughter is now six and doesn't remember her 'former' family (!!). (Make of that what you will!) Anyway, a merry time was had by all and I left 'my perfect friends R's' house at 11.45! I'd had way too many salty snacks and felt 'hungover' this morning so I forewent breakfast thinking 'I ate too much last night, I'll just have fruit when I feel hungry up until lunch'. However, as I meandered around Ipswich this morning buying petrol and seeds and stuff, my eyes rested upon a packet of Bombay Mix, my hand picked them up and paid for them and my mouth ate them! Note to self: When these magazines tell you having a good breakfast will prevent cravings later on - BELIEVE THEM!

While checking my other blog I happened to notice a comment left by a certain JW. These initials happen to be my father's. I really don't want my parents infiltrating my blog even though I have nothing to hide. (Must have got the blogspot from my brother who had it for the VERY RICH FRIEND (who incidentally has NOT contacted me). I'm beginning to worry that with detective work he will find his way from that blog to this. (see me knawing my fingernails)

Well, that house, here are some more pictures as everyone seemed to love it so much (including me) - if we have a whip round do you think we could muster up another 20 thousand pounds to secure the deal? Agent phoned me to say they said 'thank you for the offer, we might consider it in a couple of months if property hasn't sold'. When questioned, agent also told me that 'there are people all over it and all of them bar one is in a position to proceed' . Hummmm, am I to believe that or not? He also said that this kind of property attracts developers (duh) and doctors and dentists wanting to set up practices. Now in my naive way I'm thinking that this house has been in the same family for 50 years, the children who are now selling this house, might in some sentimental way, want their family home to go to another family and as the money they will make on the property is all profit then 'let's give them their just over ten percent discount and let them have the house and all the lovely trendy/retro furniture it and throw in the first edition books too). Aaaaahhhhhh, I may never wake up from this dream....


15 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oh, it really is lovely that house. Seems as though you had a better evening last night. Remember that 'Stressed' is 'desserts' backwards. That's how I see it. Don't believe anything that the Estate Agents say.
I've put a sick bucket poem on Le Chat's blog too - you might like it! It's all sick, sick, sick this week. Poor little L. How come little kids with croaky voices make you want to cry. It's heartbreaking. Get out the Snuffle Babes and the Calpol again...

1:08 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

PS - go and look at the front of 'Now' magazine for a really funny picture of George Clooney. Great hair, great specs....

1:09 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Oh poor L. I hadn't realised she was ill till you said yesterday. Hope she feels better soon.

How many brownies have you eaten?

I made hot cross buns yesterday afternoon - the recipe said 'makes 12' I made 6 - so you can guess how big they were. I ate two and a half! (with butter)

1:22 PM  
Blogger leon's life said...

I wouldn't beleive a word that comes out of an estate agents mouth. They want you to buy that house for as much as possible, it's in their interest, aren't they on a % ??

I don't think the family gives a sh** who buys the house 50 years or not. If they loved it that much, they'd keep it and the more they can sell it for the better. In fact for selling they are in an ideal situation as they don't have to sell, they're not in a chain, they can bide their time until the right price comes along.

I guess I'd do the same in their situation.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh Lucys back :-) I love that photo and "I'd marry you if you stayed off the drugs", reminds me of my marriage proposal to Guy! That house has to be yours so delicious.... hot cross buns, which again reminds me, It's ages since I've had a bun in the oven!
Goodness a real bookclub what talks about the books, see how posh you've become ;-)

3:12 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Only if I don't get him first.

Stressed-desserts - fab!

The house looks better and better. Fingers (and everything) crossed. But how come it hasn't got a kitchen when everything else looks so nice?

3:48 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

I've done something really really naughty. It's all your fault for making fall in love with that house and thinking that I'm destined to have it. If I don't get it I know I'll get over it. But Lettuce dreamed about us living in it with dogs!(before I even saw it). Well, I upped the offer by ten grand (ooooohhhhhhh). If they accept it I will just have to beg, steal and borrow the extra ten. (for the want of a nail the shoe was lost....)It's still a low offer....please think positive thoughts all you in the blogsphere who read this.

3:52 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Lettuce, this house is so un-updated it doesn't have a kitchen. It has the orginal scullery and a breakfast room with range opening (range is no longer there) and a walk in larger like Dons. Yes, not the enormous live in kitchen we envisaged and it would be shame to knock the rooms about because of the lovely built in cupboards all over the place. Where there is a will, there is a way!I'll post more pics of it tommorrow.

3:55 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

larger???? Larder. Doh!

3:56 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

My youngest daughter had memories of a previous life when she was little too. She can also remember being in the womb.

Positive thoughts winging their way
xxxx

5:11 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Well, he doesn't do anything for me but the house is something else. I shall concentrate all my positive thoughts in your direction.

Does it have coloured glass in the front door? Tiled hall floor? The hall looks like ours and we uncovered beautiful tiles when we ripped up the carpet.

5:19 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Sadly, no gorgeous tiles in hall just wood (I'm presuming though haven't seen) because there is a cellar. Could be parquet though? Or oak? I really shouldn't be talking like this...getting my hopes up. Still it gets me through... hope that is, even if they are dashed.

Just heard heatwave coming!!!!! Yippeeee

7:37 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

A heatwave? Are you sure? Our pond is still frozen.

No tiles, ah well. But a cellar. I'd love a cellar.

Incidentally you don't make your husband sound very appealing, you know, smelly, fussy about where you put his letters, tactless. The cellar for him maybe?

8:20 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

ha ha - yes, A's practice bike could go in the cellar?

Now I understand why you haven't got a link to this blog from the other!! LG is bent on reading my blog - I admit, I've done some retrospective editing, just in case.

Your SAD tourettes is still helping me laugh about the weather (just). F*****g Frost this morning!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I think you'll find your pixie says 2C!

and this has to be done, it's just perfect

WV...Virginie god-michet lover :-)

ohhh don't tell her:-)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home