Friday, March 24, 2006

No time Toulouse

Looking at Lettuce's picture of me from behind I am reminded of how BADLY I need a haircut and a spring set of highlights. I've only had my hair cut once since I arrived in the nether lands (of East Anglia) because the cut was awful, I looked about 6- but in a bad way. I haven't dared to make another appointment at another hairdressers yet. I think I will wait until the Easter holidays and go in London (coward that I am). I heard the other day from someone that they had their hair highlighted and had to go back because it didn't show. I asked, how did they do it and she said, with a hat and they pulled the hair through (like a home highlight kit). Can you believe that salons still do that? My hairdresser (in Greenwich, who I love and revere) used foils and then put me under some lamp to speed up the process. I was only in there for about 2 and a half hours instead of the whole day as used to be the case.

That reminds me that I didn't mention the White Supremecist woman I met last Friday at a 'laydee's who lunch' lunch did I? Well, my nice friend W, thought it would be nice to get some of her friends together for a lunch at a restaurant. I only knew W and N, all the others were mums from the private school her son goes to. Well, I sat next to this woman, who I shall dub 'D Terre Blanche'. I was very diplomatic. I shouldn't have been. N said to me afterwards that she daren't open her mouth for fear of what she might say to this rascist woman, who prefixed her sentences with 'I'm not racsist but.....'. God, sometimes! This woman, had moved from Eltham in the last couple of years!! (Which is where I worked, and Betty still does). The school where I worked (and Betty still) is a real wonderful 'melting pot' of different cultures. It's wonderful. I loved it for that very reason. I love multiculturalism. Yes, there can be problems, but I'd rather that than all white middle class enclaves. Oooooh you should have heard this woman......I should have clouted her. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, that's all for today. Soon I will publish the story of 'How I met my husband' and 'the day I had lunch with Jeff Beck' but I haven't got time. I'm off to a giant 'Plant and Shrub sale ' with N at the Suffolk Show Ground! Oooh I know how to live, me. H is coming home today (hooray) and we are all going to Pizza Express tonight to celebrate her homecoming. (hubby's suggestion!)

Have a great weekend everyone.

23 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

"D Terre Blanche" hee hee hee. Yes, I think you need to clock her one if you ever meet her again.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Have a Fiorentina for me! Actually, no, a Quattro Formaggio with Tuna.
You should have hit that woman - you really should.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Pizza express, how yummy, have a wonderful evening all of you..It's pizza chez moi tonight, you could say it's express, unroll the tube, cover and shove in oven very quickly, yum also I might add.... Long horrid weekend ahead without my man again :-(

3:10 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I so should be working. But it's Friday.

Oh yes, you must learn ski-ing. If I were nearer I would teach you, what fun we'd have!

It is easier on snow (it hurts less when you fall for a start) and parallel ski-ing on dry is difficult to learn. But it is a good idea to do some lessons on snow-flex if you can find some, that's more like snow. It saves you time and money on ski school when you go on hols and you can learn the basics.

Ooooh, I could chatter onto you for ever about this but I suspect you are drifting off to sleep already!

4:50 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

No, I'm not drifting off at all. I want to learn! We have a dry ski slope in Ipswich - might it be snow flex? Do you know, I think I might book a course of lessons (to go with my tennis!). Thanks for the tips Le Chat.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I'm not sure to be honest. I've never been to that one. Any surface would be fine though. Just wear well padded trousers!!

Oh goody. A convert. We'll soon be able to talk ski-ing.

Funnily enough we have a tennis club on our road. Sometimes if you walk up the road you get coshed by balls flying over the fence. Perhaps I should try tennis? Not sure I have time though.

5:09 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Well, I would recommend tennis to anyone. It's a really really sociable game. It's fun, and though you get out breath and it's really good for you, you don't mind because you're having fun running about. (Not like an aerobics class at all when you have to FORCE yourself to jump about and it's really boring (in my opinion!)

Do you do any other sport? (I love horse riding but I haven't done it for a few years - might start again soon though when the weather improves)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Ooh, I say. This conversation is getting like our 'baking' ones. Still can't convince me it's better than sex or chocolate. Nope. Nope. Nope.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

As you know I am the village bike, get plenty of exercise on the saddle....

5:34 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Hahaha.

There was once a headline about me in the press when I cycled to school! I'll leave that one to your imaginations!!

No, I don't really do anything else. I cycle occasionally (Ruth is a crazy cyclist - so like you we have a shed full of bikes), I swim like a giraffe with my head out of the water, and yes the CRAP days are past but I do quite fancy tennis.

I ought to be getting home really. We have friends round to dinner. Not me cooking thankfully (for them and for me!).

I think Betty is obsessed with sex and chocolate. Sadly chocolate is not on my list of suitable foods. Sob sob.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

This is getting a bit racey for me.

I know what I'd rather do with Trevor though.

Isn't he wonderful? I'm so pleased to find a fellow admirer, as long as you don't try to steal him from me of course.

I just went up the allotment and covered it with sheets to warm the soil and then I too will be off to the garden centre soon.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

ah oui je mon occupe :-)

8:34 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Thanks for your comments RW but this photo is nothing to do with me! hahaha
I'm asking Dons to put the old one back when she has the time.
Happy Mothers Day - I'm sure they'll all get up soon - Dons has all the children up right now but no hubby - he's still snoring - what are they like?
~(:o})=

9:26 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Thanks luce. I know! warmer here than in Perpignan at the moment.

Happy Mothers Day.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Tante mieux pour toi ma puce :-)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Happy Mother's Day Rambling! I hope you have a badge like me saying, 'Lovely Mummy'.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Happy Mother's day :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I'm sure you will have a good one.

what's all this about OLD women in shoes? You trying to tell me something? I'll let you off, but just this once.

P.S That racist woman would have been battered to death in five minutes in my staff room. Send her to us forthwith. I love that word - so English, like frock.

P.P.S the verification word is nionwy - neon wee!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

where did you go in italy, ramblin woman??

3:46 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

C'mon Luce, missing your juice.

Ouch.
I can't bloody believe i bloody said that. Too much wine 2night.

Everyone but me has something better to do.

Love you.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

See we got our flags back, tell your sis I want a Bangladesh flag pleazzzzzzze
hahaha me thinks Lettuce attacked the cooking sherry last night :-)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Just quick as I'm teaching in a minute.

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Twas a big help. If she turns out like you I have nothing to worry about. I'd love to hear the story though. You're getting quite a list of blogs to prepare.

Yes, this cad will be in London, I presume. I have no idea who he is though. If I find out I'll let you know.

But I am going to keep mum and try not to worry.

Many, many thanks.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hahahaha.

I think my mystery man would have a bit of a shock if I
turned up with you as well.

I'm not sure where we were exactly - we didn't go outside much!!!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home