Thursday, April 06, 2006

GOING ON BLOG HOLIDAY

Well, today's the day. The bikes are lined up ready to go on top of the car - that's the super duper hybrid bike

all raring to go up that
Mont Ventoux. The head turning tandem

for the days when Alice just can't pedal (that'll be every day then!). Holly's nearly new and hardly used bike all ready for it's first visit to La Belle France.

and my trusty, clunky, workaday bike that gets me where I want to get thank you.



And I definitely DO NOT WANT TO GO UP very steep, mountainous, Tour De France routes thankyou. Give me the river valley, canal path route any day!

I will, however, be following hubby up the mountain in the car, attempting to throw bananas, carbohydrate bars and drinks and bottles of Vittel at ever opportunity. I will have to be careful not to throw too hard in case he falls off and down a precipice!

At the moment, we have no idea what the weather is going to be like at the top of the mountain. Bedouin, which is where we will be staying (or base camp if you like)

is basking in 20 degrees but the top of the mountain has a working ski station. There is a webcam! But they don't update the picture very often! Keep looking though. Next week, you might just see a whippet thin man struggling up, followed by a blue multipla spewing bottles and bars and bananas!

Back on the 19th (Tuesday) with video footage! Bet ya can't wait!

That villa looks rather nice doesn't it? Wonder if it's as nice as it says on the tin? We've probably got the old unrenovated 'pente' at the back! The pool isn't heated but I bet we'll go in anyway (at least once!)


************************************************************************

UPDATE UPDATE - NEW HOUSE ON THE MARKET! GOING TO SEE IT LATER!


HAPPY EASTER!

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your tandem! Brilliant!

Have a great time...
x

11:19 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

hahahahhaaha

happy holiday

12:09 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Have a really great holiday. I love the image of you throwing the bananas! I also hope we see you on the Web-cam - ha ha ha!

Hope the house-hunting goes well. That one looks nice.

And don't get a sore arse on that bike. You need to sit down to do your blog when you get back!

12:21 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Ooooh, that house looks interesting - will you give us an update before you set off on your trip? I think it would only be fair - rather than leaving us in suspense......
~(:o})=

12:38 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Sweetie

Thanks for your comment and update about the house - how frustrating :o{

How many shadow pics have I got? Well .. erm .. that'll be the one, actually - so I guess it has to be my favourite, hee hee.

Hope you have a really FAB blog holiday. You'll be sorely missed - see if you can check in from an internet cafe somewhere!
Byeeee! xxxx
~(:o})=

12:59 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Very funny indeed. Loved the bunnies.

Have a wonderful holiday. Aren't bananas a bit like boomerangs though!!?

Good luck to Andy. I was impressed with the bikes. We have an original Clockwork Orange bike here - tell him that and he'll go all misty eyed I'm sure.

2:03 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

have a wonderful holiday, relax have fun and be careful with the bananas!

2:54 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Wow haven't seen a tandem in years. My mum and her boyfriend had one and my sister and I used to die with embarrassment every time we went out on our bikes. We couldn't understand why they had to have this funny old bike, why couldn't they just be normal like other parents?!!! It didn't help that people used to shout from car windows 'can you ride tandem' as per the pg tips tea chimps advert that was on at the time :-/

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe! Funny bunny thing!
Happy Easter to you too!
x
:o)

10:33 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

haha Dons .... happy days!
~(:o})=

1:41 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Welcome back Luce! or, alternatively, should you be in some cyber-cafe in french france, bonne vacance? hope you are having/had a great time - and did/will come back all intact especially Andy.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Picture the scene:

We're halfway up a mountain,
My bum is getting sore,
There's fifteen miles still to go,
And then we'll bike some more.

I'm way behind that Andy,
He's doing the Tour De France,
He's whizzing away like a Twister,
In the ultimate sporty stance.

The kids are slowly creeping,
The wind is in their hair,
It's beautiful to be away,
In the sublime, delicious air.

Good job there's no cobbles,
Thank God for pit-stops and wine,
When will we stop for breath?
Isn't it time to stop and dine?

The tandem is wibbly wobbly,
I think I might fall off,
I'm just not up to cycling,
I'm just no Lara Crofts.

I miss my blog, my friends await,
I just can't get by without,
Is there an Internet Cafe here?
If there's not, I'll pout!

Where is that web-cam for piccies?
I'm dying to wave from here,
It'll be slow motion pics,
As I'm changing gear.

The sun, the house, the laughing times,
The holiday here is great,
I'll soon be back to blog again,
And talk to all me mates.

To RW - we miss you!

8:55 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Betty, that is such a lovely little poem :o}

12:43 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Tum tee tum tee tum....what is the equivalent of drumming your fingernails waiting in blogdom?


Tippety tap...tippety tap....tippety tap....

La la la la la,
Tra la la la,
Sing a little song,
Can you hear it?

5:33 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

lol. Silly me, not checking RW's blog quite so frequently as she is away. Should have known you'd all be nattering away in her absence.

Great poem Betty.

7:46 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

So, anyway, RW. While you were away I don't suppose you heard that Chantelle and Preston are going to get married? hahahaha
~(:o})=

6:12 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Please come home. It's not funny anymore.

12:46 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oh for god's sake aren't you home yet?!!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Welcome back.

Verification word is rpsunsik which just about sums up that photo on Wendy's blog. Have you seen it? Revolting.

You and me, we've got to take the slut test. Everyone else has. And there are funny quizzes everywhere too. You and me are so out of it.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Hey, you're back! Great fanfare sounding trumpets across blogdom! Hurrah for your return, and Le Chat's!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

oh my god chatelle and preston are getting married?? welcome home RW, hope you're not too mad and deranged???? missed you :-) but then again I always do

7:38 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

So how were your hols? Did your man make it up his mountain? Is your bot a bit sore? From cycling, I mean!?

The weather here is so foul I feel like hopping back on a plane. At least it doesn't rain as much in Germany.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home