Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday Monday

It's raining! Well it would be, Wimbledon starts today. So that's it then, two weeks of rain?

Had a great weekend. My promise of photographs from my evening in London will not be realised. Not just because I forgot to take my camera but also because once Sue and I became ensconced in the members lounge of the Tate Modern, we stayed there all evening, moving once down to the cafe to eat something more substantial than a tiny bowl of mixed nuts. Art? Well, we went past a few paintings!

On Saturday our good friends Cas and Mick arrived with their two lovely children. We put the table under a tree and pretended we were in Provence! In the evening, it was so warm we brought the TV outside to watch the football! Well, why be in, on a summer's night! Perfect!

It was warm in Ipswich. Not so warm at the beach! We stopped for a coffee and a quick 'blow'. That munchkin is Amy wrapped in an adult cagoule and some kind of head gear!

On our return we fired up the BBQ, ate more meat than I usually eat in a month, and drank an enormous amount of white wine and watched England win! Brilliant!

10 Comments:

Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Lovely weekend sweetie. Don't think I didn't spot your CK tablecloth ;-)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

sounds lovely although the beach looks very English!!
what is a CK tablecloth? Is it something I should have?
Hope you're rooting for Switzerland!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

But your tabdlecloth doesn't reach!
doesn't look like cas..
i love that photo of the table with all the little graves behind!

8:43 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

lovely pics.
Bit of an extreme hair-cut Andy has tho!

missing chatting with you...

10:11 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hi Lettie! Yes, he does have rather an extreme hair cut! It looks awful. And he had to take Holly to swimming on Friday and meet all the other parents that I'd spent six months cultivating friendships with! They must have liked him one of them invited us over to theirs on Saturday! (sadly we can't make it)

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep! Django was born in Belguim!

And all done with two fingers not working aswell!

10:34 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Oh THANKS TRAC! I just LOVE Django Reinhardt (sp?)and his mate Steff.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

That sitting outside business with the TV is definitely my kind of thing RW - excellent stuff. I keep looking down at those level descriptors on the floor in the office (yes, they're still there) and really, really missing you. And tonight I said, 'Cheese..cake?' in honour of you very loudly.

There is no chocolate and I think this is a bad thing. Where has all the chocolate gone?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Better Half said...

Thank you for your birthday wishes. We had a lovely evening.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Looks like a great weekend!
Wine, Food and Friends!!!
And I love Django Rheinhardt!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home