Wednesday, July 12, 2006

SPORTS DAY

Do you think my oldest might have self esteem issues?


I'm in a bit of a funny place at the moment. Although, I DO have FLOW, I am also feeling overwhelmed by things too. Firstly, although this issue is now resolved I've had hassle from a very old friend, which hurt my feelings somewhat. We have talked it through though. She's in a very bad place at the moment as one of her friends has just died, and she is feeling over sensitive...I won't go into it..but you all know what it's like when you have a misunderstanding with a friend.

Also, Andy is also feeling overwhelmed by his feelings of not being in control over our 'up coming' holiday. It's all been booked through me and he thinks I'm not on top of it. He has a tendency to flounce off while saying 'You've cocked up' or words to that effect. He seems to be so annoyed with me that he doesn't even look at me. I had my hair cut two days ago (at least three inches cut off) and he hasn't even noticed! Well, he needs a holiday and will soon relax when we are there. Sometimes I think he might be a bit depressed, he can't answer the phone, or make any phone calls at all. He's always been bad at it but now even if I'm on the loo and the phone rings he won't answer it. The only person he ever talks to on the phone is his mum and even then you can tell he isn't listening properly to her.

I think we all thought we'd be in a house by now. Basically we need a holiday. Roll on next Friday.

But on a brighter note! I've made another new friend. She's a teacher (DT) and also a yoga teacher. I've met her and her partner through tennis. They seem to be a cool couple - no kids. But they go to a lot of gigs and have invited us out tomorrow to see Craig (the guy's) band play.
Andy seems keen at least. Perhaps we just need a bit of time together as we've been so busy recently.

Don't bother commenting on any of this...it's just me externalising on stuff. Nothing major really, I just like to ramble!

8 Comments:

Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

If she has issues, I'd say they're positive ones, eh! Lovely botty..so pert - unlike mine...sigh...I'd have loser on my shorts.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I just want to say that Holly looks like Andy from behind, it's the way she's standing.. She's so lovely, I wish her and Floss could meet up again, they're looking forward to seeing Sos soon...

I dyed Floss's hair this morning, it was supposed to be purple (purple i tells ya) but is a gorgeous red.... Not bright red like JR Ross's wife, but a gorgeous glowish reddish thing...I don't mind for summer, she can't have that when she starts her posh school..

We're off to a wedding friday morn, excited moi? I hope you feel better soon, i've been feeling down recently, nothing to worry about but a niggle naggle that won't go away, or rather it won't go away?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Awww... it's nice to have you back rambling, even if you're feeling a bit down :O(

Do you know what? I have a problem with phones too! I can answer them, but find it difficult to phone out! Dunno why?

Yep! You all need a holiday!

Oh look - you're back rambling and now I am...

It always slighty amuses me that you really want a home and I really don't want one! Well, not this one anyway... Strange!

Take care!
x

2:48 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

...and we want to listen to you ramble!

Yes, I'm sure you all need a holiday, Andy will de-stress quickly when you're there ... and time together.

Glad you sorted things out with your friend - life is too short for ABishness!!!!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Ah yes, good old AB. Def too short for that. Not that there's anything wrong with being short of course.

Yes, it is nice to have a ramble again. I missed them. Photos of odd people messing about in the dark weren't the same at all. Sorry I don't mean that your family are odd. I'm good at saying the wrong thing incase you haven't noticed by now.

I have no problem with phones, other than always losing them.

4:35 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

like euro trac, I have trouble calling out on phones...I love my friends and family, but I do find it difficult at the end of the day to be socialable anymore...I wish it wasn't so...

6:58 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh you added the rambling after the photo..I look like some shallow cow who can't be bothered...:-(..not true...hey - hang in there...you'll have a fab holiday..you will..Andy will perk up and so will you and and and..I don't know what else ..and oh yes...friends..yeah..thats PTB when there's a misunderstanding..sigh..I know how you are feeling, I think..I feel down too.

smiles though - its nearly holiday time. And that house up there look wonderful - I hope you get it.

12:56 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

sweetie it's the same thing here. I often wonder if Paul is going through some mid life crisis. I think they work too hard, don't have time to enjoy life and need their holidays even more than us women. I think we tend to cope with life better because we talk to each other and share our problems (like wot you just did) and then the problems don't seem so overwhelming.

I'm very jealous of your Boden bag. You made a good choice honey and I want a photo of it when it arrives :-)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home