Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm closing my blog.

I've decided to close this blog.

It's job is done, I feel. I started it because I had was moving/had just moved to a new
town/life and I wanted to record my feelings. As well as that it was the middle of winter and I knew noone in the town.

Now though, I have settled in this town, I know people who I can now call friends. So now I feel this blog is a bit of 'show and tell' which isn't really what I wanted it to be.

The recent 'blog slutting' I've been doing has made me realise (although I knew this of course) that there are so many creative people out there who do wonderful things with their time. I've decided that I need to MAKE myself do the creative things I claim to enjoy doing but never do these days because I procrastinate too much......ie. spend too much time on this laptop, either looking for new properties on the websites or catching up with blogs. The other thing I just don't do these days is read or keep up with current affairs like I used to and while I am a member of the Tate Gallery I can't remember the last time I looked at their quarterly magazine they send me. As well as this I used to go to the cinema once a week, now I don't even know what films are showing. So, I'm off to improve myself.....

I'm going to

a) keep fit by walking more, swimming once a week and finding a yoga class.
b) go to the cinema at least once a month
c) draw and paint


I'm going to keep my diet blog running because, quite frankly, by recording my eating habits I can keep them in check. In fact Anne Diamond was on the radio yesterday saying that she thinks fat people are suffering from a disease and it's not their fault - I know Anne Diamond struggles with her weight, but I just don't believe her. I've been overweight all my adult life but I've managed to lose weight whenever I've put my mind to it, so I'm afraid Anne Diamond, you are wrong. Dust anyone?

So, it's goodbye.

I'm not going to delete this blog until I can work out how to copy it all onto disk, because I'd like to keep it as a record of this time in my life.

Also, if and when, I ever get a home of my own I will post it on this blog, and, you never know, I might come back.

So, in fine rambling form, I'm off.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Goodbye Rambling Woman. I know I haven't commented for a while but I do read every now and then (in the hope of allotment photos!) and I hear all about you from Tess.
She has abandoned blogging too I see.
All the best for the future. Whenever I am in Ipswich I will be looking for you - and this time if I see you I will go up to you and say boo!!!
Meg x

3:23 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

I will miss your rambling so much :o{
Yes, please do update us now and again - I shall be wondering how things are panning out .........
It has been lovely reading your entries over the past few months - thank you for sharing your life so generously.
Hugs xxxx
~(:o})=

5:29 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Good luck Luce. I shall miss you too. I love blogs, they are like reading a magazine article to me but much better because they are more real. I am so inspired by the crafty blogs and have made some great contacts through blogging that have helped me and opened my eyes to new ways of thinking. I wish you well in your new job and life with your family.

Kisses D xxxxx

P.s How did the Boden bag work out?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Dear Rambling...I shall miss you very much. Your blog has brought so much joy to the people who have read it...and you know...it has always brightened up my day to see what you have been up to. You are a fantastic, bright and wonderful person. Yes, perhaps you are right to move on..but why don't you just leave this up all up here...as a fingerprint of wonderful you?

I wish you every happiness and hope you enjoy your new jobxx

With love alwaysxxx Mollsterxx

2:01 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Take care Luce...and good luck with the house hunting.

9:51 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Thank you everyone for being so kind. I'm sad now...don't want to go!

And MEG! I didn't realise you were quietly lurking there....I might be tempted to start an allotment blog!

I'll see you all on your blogs...

I wish all of you the best.

RW. xxxx

7:08 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

I've not been able to get your blog on my computer (I'm on M's) - and NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!

ptbptbptbptbptbptbptb

(oh hello Meg!!! didn't realise you were still there!)

(this is why you shouldn't stop, Luce!!!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home