Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Well, September is nearly upon us and I have a feeling that my blog world is returning to normal. Tat's back, Trac's back, Geena's back - yippee. Now, all we need is LeChat to come back....hear that Kitty?

Normally, the arrival of September makes me a feel a little bit sad for a while before I get my head around the arrival of autumn. There is that feeling that the garden is closing down, and we won't see fresh growth for months. However, this year it's a bit different. For a start I don't have a garden! But I have an allotment and as all veg growers (and flower growers too) know, there are things to be put in at this time of year. I was too late for leeks sadly this year, but have broccolli, sprouts and cabbage to look forward too. Also, the allotment trees are hanging with plums of all varieties, apples and walnuts too! (they aren't my trees but I can help myself!) Rather excitingly too I have squashes of every shape and hue ripening nicely, and a pumpkin which is obscene in its tumescence! My sunflowers due to the lack of sun are not flowering yet so I look forward to a later summer flowering. So, it's not all about things finishing. I've also planted some perennial flowers which are sprouting nicely - delphiniums, sweet williams and hollyhocks.

Also, September gives me hope that the housing market will pick up and we will find a house before Christmas. I've been having second thoughts about the BIG house with the coach house. While it is really nice, it's really quite a long way from oldest's secondary school and where she wants to be with all her friends. I'm not saying I'll say no though if they accept our offer!

I read in the paper at the weekend that East Anglia is the only area in England where the house prices are rising at a high rate! Typical eh! We move to East Anglia and everyone follows! It's the fastest growing town in Europe apparently. It also has the highest number of Eastern European immigrants in Britain - so no shortage of plumbers then!

I'm off to London later to see Lettuce for a few days. (with a small detour to Ikea on the way and another to Blue Water on the way back!).

I'm back Thursday and then I start work on Friday! I feel sad, nervous and weird all of a sudden...... nothing like a new term eh!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

bursting with jealousey (Ikea BW) not the job, but good luck and don't be nervous... Nice to have you back although I thought you were going, never say never, that's my motto and I live by it... where's me e-mail???

9:59 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Summer came and went over here - hardly saw it...how lovely to have all that fresh homegrown produce handy...maybe I'd eat more veg if I could dig it up myself...but then maybe not...enjoy the little break.

4:48 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

chin up Luce, it'll all feel better in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to photos of the obscene tumescence.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

PTB! Can't make it for G&T's..

Next time eh? :O)

Can't help thinking that Lettuce is going around impersonating you!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oh yes! well spotted, Trac, twas me.

Some houseguests just make themselves too much at home, you know.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Lovely to see you last night. Thankyou for your kind wordsxxx

You look flippin' gorgeous matey. I'm jealous! Gorggggggeous!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Today I resisted a Celebrations chocolate...and a pancake roll. It felt good actually! Yay!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home