Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Digest

Hello,

Lying in bed this morning thinking about getting up I reflected on a conversation I had recently with two colleagues who are in their twenties. We were talking about fancy dress parties They said they'd love to go to a 'nineties' fancy dress party - they'd know exactly what to wear. They both waxed lyrical about the fashions from the nineties in some misty nostalgic way as if looking back on their long lost youth!

The nineties! Wasn't that just yesterday?

To my mind it's too near to have a 'nineties' party. Added to that I just could NOT tell you what the fashions were like in the nineties. The two of them reeled off fashions just like that. I can't remember everthing they said apart from 'doc martens' (I was wearing them in the 80's) and Naf Naf clothing (I'm sure I was also wearing that stuff in the 80's). Anyway, I think the 90's clearly passed me by despite only feeling like it was yesterday. I must have been too busy having children and being 'mumsy'.

I suppose the 80's was my era - awful fashions as they were. I should find a picture of myself from that era and scan it it (if our scanner wasn't in a box in the garage!) (phew, got out of that one). But the music was fantastic! (especially the music that started in the 70's!). And that reminds me, I've just booked tickets to go and see the reformed 'Police' in September! I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT! (not a tribute band, the real thing!) The tickets cost an arm and a leg but I wasn't going to let that stop me! Andy was umming and aaahing about me buying the tickets (cost mainly) and he's not good at snap decisions so I said 'I don't care, Andy, I'm not going to lose out of seeing The Police, if you don't want the ticket I'll go with my brother', to which he said 'Oh no, I'll come!' Sometimes I think that if it wasn't for me Andy would do nothing with his life apart from the odd bike ride of a Saturday.

5 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

tch, men eh?!
(no, not all of you, i'll admit....)

way to go on the tickets Luce, I'm very envious.

As for 90's fashions. Um.
Awful maternity clothes is the main thing I remember. And leggings.

nothing else happened in the 90's.

4:12 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

yes, leggings and big baggy tops...80's definately my decade, lots of pastel clothes, big hair, but fantastic music...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

thanks for that letty!
i can't think how i would dress for the 90's? maybe flouro clubbing gear? i agree tis too soon. go get that scanner out!!
;0p

11:12 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

90's huh... blimus.... I remember early 90's before kids, still out burning the midnight oil, isn't/wasn't that an australian band Pod? but it is toooo soon, let's just enjoy the 80's..me i'm doing the status quo look now... loving it..I AM FINE... Luce... don't worry your pretty little head :-)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

i hate cycling uphill despite being able to run forever. cycling makes me feel sick. i went on a cycling holiday in greece once and all the photos are of me looking really pissed off!
and i bought a pair of skinny jeans lately and i am managing to pull it off...i think
and bobby?
AND paul daniels? a catch?
very oh dear
:0/

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home