Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Noooooooooooo!

Woke up to this, this morning! How can it be? I was on the verge of getting out my linen and waxing my legs last week. Snow in winter is great, snow when you are expecting summer is pants.

I am stuck at home today, youngest has the lurgies. I just hate not going into work when I'm not ill. It feels like I'm skiving. I have a vague sense of unease when I'm off work.

I have a very definite sense of unease anyway at the moment. Our house purchase has hit a hiccup can you believe? I am so pee-ed off with the owners. We had all agreed happily to an end of May completion date. Now we have had the survey done and have committed money to this, they now say they won't be back in the UK until the end of June and we can't have the house until then. Our rental here finishes on June 14th (though we have said end of May to them so we can get some work done before moving in). They are saying that it's not an insurmountable problem and surely we can extend our rental for a month.

I was very upset that I have to delay having a house for an extra month, mainly because of my gardening passion....the difference between having a house in May and having a house in June, gardening wise is the difference between getting a garden established for the summer and not getting the garden established for the summer. I know, I could be very Zen (is that the word?) about this and think that I've waited this long, why not another month? But quite frankly I DON'T WANT TO! I have been striking out the weeks on my calendar. My mum thinks we should 'stand firm' and tell them what WE WANT. I am very cross they chose this time to tell us and not before. I think that is exceptionally conniving and manipulative. I have written back to them and told them it's not possible, our landlord won't allow it. Huh! Why do I have to resort to lying and conniving? Even a private sale, without the evil Estate Agents, is not without it's EVIL houseowners.

7 Comments:

Blogger pam in toronto said...

oh, I am so sorry...sometimes, people are just awful to deal with! So frustrating, but whatever time you get in...your garden will be lovely and just get better and better year after year.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Sorry about the delay in the house...very frustrating.

And sorry about the snow - just when you were getting ready to do the waxing. I'm sure there is at least one good post about your legs and waxing in there somewhere! :)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Poor you Lu... PTB big time, I know how you so want to get into your house.. chin up, maybe you can come and see me now?

7:04 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

I tried to reply last night but blog was having none of it .....

I'm soooo sorry about the frustrations you are going through right now, Sweetie :o{

Buying and selling houses seems to bring out the worst in some people, doesn't it?

Hope it's all resolved happily soon. There will be such a HUGE cheer all over blogland when you do finally get to move in!

~(:o})=

1:17 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oh poor you. I know how much you want this house and you have waited so long I'm not surprised you're pee-ed off. I would be too.

Hope it all gets resolved soon. Can you dig your heels in?

8:08 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Evil evil Bstds. MSN very angry face.


btw, I hope you are never going to refer to yourself as "mother" again. It makes you sound about 73.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

oh it just drags on and on don't it! stand your ground i say, and get it off your chest!! sending sorting out wishes ;0)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home