Friday, February 23, 2007

Stuff

Well, I think this weekend will be quite interesting, house wise at least.

There's been a development!

We discovered that the people in Dubai (with the house for sale) haven't been receiving our emails! So, we've made the offer that's not a million miles from their asking price and they've told us they will reply today.

Now, on top of this there's been another development! I leafleted houses in a street that I like and I had a result! A family have moved out of their house to rented in another town and are looking for a quick sale. This house is interesting! It's a double fronted Victorian house with relatively small rooms (but quite a lot of them), it's in perfect condition, it has a 100' garden with a 'home office' at the end of the garden. And, it's got a swimming pool! The girls are wildly excited at the prospect of having a swimming pool! I must say the thought of hopping into the pool on a hot summer's evening is very tempting........

The other house is bigger - well the rooms are much bigger but it needs quite a lot of work done on it.

Well, Andy is going to view the house either today or Monday (depending on the builder who is currently on site - redecorating the house). The owners are poised to put it on the market but really want to avoid going through an agent (who doesn't?) - so one way or another we'll have something sorted next week!

***********************************************

Yesterday, on my day off, I had to go into work for a meeting about the school's policy regarding English as an Additional Language. During the meeting I had a moment of happiness. (I haven't had many of those recently). My job has been a bit 'nothingy' up to now, but now it looks like it might be becoming a bit 'somethingy'. I am now going to be responsible (along with two other members of staff) for the EAL policy and putting it into place and possibly becoming the centre for offering the International GCSE in English to foreign students, of which we have more and more in the sixth form.

************************************************

So, things are looking up jobwise and housewise - fingers crossed.

9 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

I'm so happy for your happiness!

brilliant news about the job, that sounds just right for you.

and fingers crossed for the house/s.....

7:58 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Oh! hurrah, hurrah! Happiness all around!
Good to hear your news, RW, fingers crossed that it all works out brilliantly for you ..........

~(:o})=

1:27 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Crossing everything for you Luce :-)

I have posted your eiderdown today and I hope it will soon have a lovely victorian setting to live in x

2:09 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

oh yes, fingers crossed...I hope it is an excellent weekend for you

7:37 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh good...sounds quite positive...also crossing everything.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Did you say swimming pool, not that we haven't got one :-) personally I think they're overated, (is that one or two words??) they just get you wet don't you know and as if your not wet enough in old blighty, i think sooooo.. anyway, have a good weekend you :-)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Btw, do you want me to srt your sidebar out, add your mates and such sweetie?
xx

7:49 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Leave it to the prof, send me your codes and I'll do it, oh and tell me who you want to be your friends... I don't mind, it will keep me out of mischief xx

3:47 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

go for the pool else i int comin round

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home