Saturday, January 27, 2007

White Out

All week I've been a blank. Literally. Where have I been? Perhaps that's a metaphor for my life?

What should have been a busy week wasn't.

Tuesday I went to tennis in the evening and played mixed doubles. Men hit balls really really hard. The man opposite (who is new to the club) hit a really fast ball at my feet and tried to slice it back to him and instead of the racquet ending up behind my right ear it ended up smacking really really hard into my mouth. The result? Spurting cartoon blood!! At first I thought I'd knocked my teeth out, but phew I'd only split my lip open (wide). So, I refused the offer from one of the tennis players who is a vet to sew me up from her kit she had in the car she keeps for roadside injuries, and was taken, bleeding profusely to the 'minor injuries clinic'. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, I was sewn up, without anathesia (as this would have made my lip swell more) and am just beginning to be able to drink from a cup now! Talk about a trout pout! It was worse than Leslie Ash! (just where IS Leslie Ash now?)

So, that was Tuesday out. Wednesday was my book club, which I didn't go to because I could neither drink, eat, laugh, nor grimace without splitting - so I gave that a miss.

Thursday, nothing.

Friday, I WAS going to meet my friend Sue in London but I cried off.

And tonight Andy and I have been invited out to dinner at a friends. But she phoned to say the other couple she'd invited had cancelled due to illness. So, I'm not sure if this is going to go ahead tonight or not.

Not a very successful week. But it could have been worse.

I DO hope this post publishes and I'm not a white blank!


ADDENDUM!

How could I have forgotton what I did on Thursday! But I did. See, my life is a blank!

I went to my new evening class! Painting and drawing.

I had no idea what this would involve (apart from painting and drawing). It was very technical, the teacher went on about stuff that I didn't understand. But anyway, I just got on with painting the pot that she'd placed there. She wanted us to paint it in such a way that it merged into it's background and was 'interesting'. I was reasonably pleased with the results. I will post a picture later when I can get near the family computer and upload my photo!

13 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

oh dear.
I'm glad you are back, its been very empty here without you!

and hope the lip is getting better.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You're back hurray... poor you a thick lip.. ouch... sounds like a busy week to me.. xx

12:48 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

So no botox this week, eh! ;)

Glad to see something here again and not just white.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

yes whatever happened to leslie ash?
hope you feel better soon...hasn't stopped you rambling though hey?

11:47 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

i'm glad the class was good - yes, please please post a pic of your pot.

(you know how I like pics of pots!)

9:02 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

hello bangladesh!(currently online!)

7:50 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Ooooh poor you, that lip sounds painful. Look forward to seeing your art work :-)

8:31 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

I too am glad you're back RW. I think I'm back too, if the great blogger in the sky will permit this comment.
Sorry about your accident - sounds too too horrid. Are you better now?
~(:o})=

9:11 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

Well, I do hope you are recovering and will back to yourself...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Calm on the outside Lu but screaming inside.....
Luce write something...

8:48 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

are you still blank daughter of stilgo??

6:23 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

daughter of Stilgoe, heeheeheehee.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh dear!!

Hope you are better now.

You have been invited to attend a
Brits/Valentines Party!

Dress code: Don't care!
xx

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home