Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I have to share this website with the world

OK, so some people have been talking behind my back and some directly to my face about my newly discovered love of 'the arrows'. Well, worry not, I will not be revisiting any more darts matches (now that the World Championships are over) and, rest assured, nor will I be watching late night Snooker on BBC2 - heck I'm old but I'm not THAT old.

Anyway, forced (once again) to take the day off work because youngest just can't shake this awful cough she has I was browsing for pink reading lamps for her room - I googled and I found this
website. Well, there are loads of websites like this around but the descriptions of some of the products just had me in hysterics...for example



Birdie Hot Water Bottles Lovely large softy knitted hotties with bird appliqué. Looks like you could have made it yourself if only you weren't working all hours to feed the bloody kids and pay the bastard mortage and you could knit and sew. Choose from brown/pink or green/coral£14.99
which?b/pg/c

and



Weirdest Doll Ever
Doll with four different faces for four different moods. This is something that your child's psychiatrist probably has in his/her office so that your little bundle of neuroses can point out how they are feeling today without speaking because they are so traumatised by their upbringing they are completely mute. What's that? You'll take 5?£18.99

***********************************************************

We have no house news. We went to see the much cheaper house twice. I tried and tried to like it. I dragged the girls round and made them imagine themselves there. The house was beautifully maintained with lovely decor but 'at the end of the day' it was just too small. Small, narrow corridors, bedrooms that would just hold a wardrobe and bed with no floor space for anything else (!!!) (yoga mats for example....tch...what were you thinking?)

We are waiting for the Dubai people to get back to us with their decision.

Tomorrow, I am off to the London Art Fair with Lettuce. I'm looking forward to it. I'll take me camera.

5 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

Brilliant!

But how can I choose between a softie knitted hottie and a Moomin Flojit?


(see you tomorrow. :o))

10:23 PM  
Blogger TorAa said...

He-he, it seems you just found THE WEB-SITE. Offering THE most Important objects a man can have. Yes, MUST HAVES. LoL.
At least, the descriptions are fun reading - if you don't take it to litterly.
Paint a Stone in bright colours and sell as a childrens best friend for parents. No cleaning of furs, dust or liquides and harder stuff. LOL.
Nice blog.

4:02 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Just the name of that website had me giggling rudely.

So...house news? This is like a great big saga...no no..better than.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

i couldnt get on to the site!! help me else i shall spread more darty rumours!! give letty a squeeze from me!!

12:27 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I absolutely loved that site, thank you for sharing! I particularly liked the

'If it's a Man's World...

...he can do the chores! Write him a list on this handy board while you go out and find a better shag.' chalkboard, hahahahaha

I love London too. I would love a little pied a terre for cultural fixes.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home