Sunday, November 12, 2006

WAKE UP CALL.

I'm going on a short blogbatical while I sort my life out (and my family's).

Realised that oldest daughter is not in control of her school work and is unable to self regulate her time spent on MSN/myspace/bebo/piczo and all those other places young people go. I thought that she would be old and mature enough to manage her time but she patently is not. Her life revolves around friends and boys to the detriment of all else. Today, we had words and tears. Mother and father have reasserted their authority when they really shouldn't have let it lapse. This internet is a double edged sword - great but only when some self regulation is exerted. Both Andy and I sit in front of laptops when we get in. I for the past year have been checking property websites, blogging and chatting to friends on MSN. Andy goes on his cycling websites and downloads music. Holly goes on all her websites as soon as she gets in and it's only eight year old Alice still draws and plays. Sad isn't it? Well this is NOW going to stop. So I won't be around much for a while, I'm going to concentrate on family life.

17 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

Yes, it is a problem here too for adults and children alike. The cat seems immune to the lure of the computer but she is the only one. You are as always very wise.

Keep in touch.

xxx

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Cou cou copaine, I understand... It's a lure. I am quite tough about the internet and my kids hate me for it, they are forbidden on this because I have my shop, and I hide the laptop, Floss is lucky if she gets to go on limewire!! I shall miss you but I am going to phone you in the week, let's be old fashioned... speak soon dearest :-)

7:52 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

I will miss you but will get housing and other updates from Letty..

Wise RW...:O)

tee hee I am blogging from her Mac and she's already gone to sleep...

10:55 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Lettuce asleep? I can hardly believe that Wendz! (NOT!)

Hope you are having a great time in Londinium.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see where you're coming from and clear boundaries are so important for all our kids.

But but but....
will you send me mails instead?

4:47 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

ptb.
Yes, i understand. Theres nearly always 2 of us on our 2 computers, and often the 3rd hovering hopefully.

hope the week goes well.
house decision today? let me know.

hope to see you on MSN sometimes when the girls are in bed!!!!

xxxxxx

7:11 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

i know what you mean. it is certainly the way of the world. i hope the return to balance is swift amd not too rocky, but i will miss thee in a funny sort of way, so get it bloody sorted!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Yep I'm with you. My daughter constantly hogs my computer MSNing Beboing and now My Spacing! She spilt some of her tea on my keyboard yesterday which resulted in me not being able to answer emails about bids that had ended that day, invoicing or blogging. Today I bought a new keyboard. Tonight she is banned from computer until further notice! Pesky kids eh?!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I for one feel a Take That song coming on, 'Want you back'... tra la la....

5:44 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

... just checking ....

5:56 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

me too Lettuce! Oh when are you coming back? :-/

10:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

"Could it be magic" tra la la, ohh wrong Take That song !!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh!

I come back and you've gone! :O(

Yeah... keep in touch.

xx

2:42 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

BORING....
I want news and I want it now!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hahaha - see? we wont leave you alone.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh flippin eckers woman, BORING.....

2:39 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I hope you are ok RW. I think the first of your posts ever when I've sensed you being angry. I've never seen you get angry...ever. I really hope all is well. Kind of what I was talking to you about when I saw you last.

Hugs to you RWxxx

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home