Sunday, November 05, 2006

Have Mother in law, Will discover Suffolk

Hello,

We've been busy with Andy's mum for the last couple of days. Although she's no trouble, no trouble at all. In fact, she's spring cleaned my kettle (!), coffee machine (it needed it), my draining board (!), all the mirrors and all the windows she can reach! I think we'll have her back! Not being a very house proud sort of woman, I don't take offence that she cleans like crazy when she visits - some people might take it that she can't stand to look at the filth but I just sit back and let her.


She has other great uses too. Here's one of them:


Silly hat games with grandchildren!












Yesterday, we went to a beautiful part of Suffolk, called Orford. It was such a lovely day. We walked, we talked, we had lunch in a fantastic pub. Altogether, a real holiday feeling.
















Orford castle.



















Today, we went to Felixtowe to see the biggest ship in the world.




But they'd hidden the biggest ship in the world, we ended up in the biggest traffic jam in the world. EVERYONE had gone to see this ship and everyone then had to turn round and come back along a small road.

Eventually, we made it to a lovely pub for a very very large lunch paid for by the lovely Grandma. (no photos sadly).

I feel like I've been on holiday this weekend. Grandma leaves tomorrow. I'll miss her.

6 Comments:

Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Moonwalker, what were you doing up at that time of night?????

Well, Moonwalker by name, moon walker by nature?

7:03 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

And thursday we'll have the worlds biggest starbucks !!! sounds like a good visit, I have my MIL when Guy gets back after I get back... Not sure it will be as much fun although she does go through my washing and put back stuff she doesn't think is dirty enough!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Ha ha Tats - thats the French for you. Bath 3 times a week and change clothes when they stand up on their own.

Lovely photos RW...I am looking forward to my Mum coming but I doubt she'll wash my filthy windows.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Lovely...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

you canny beat a good granny, but there aint nought more satifying than beating a crap one! sorry that was a bad joke. grannies are great! i miss mine so much. orford photos made me a little homesick1

8:22 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Sounds like a lovely visit. I love my MIL. Suffolk is beautiful isn't it. You are lucky to live where you do. Any house news? Oh, see you Thursdy you can tell me then :-)

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home