Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hello!

It's the morning after my birthday and I'm up at 6.30am! How is that? Am I now officially an old person, the sort that gets up early on a Saturday? No! But I just woke and couldn't get back to sleep again......thinking, thinking. No news about our house situation but there will be news today because I've set an ultimatum to the estate agent who's trying to play games. I told him that I can't be playing a waiting game, we've made an offer on this other house (the semi) and will make a decision on it today so the people in the BIG and LOVELY house will have to get back to us today instead of 'waiting to see what offers come in', which is what he told us they were going to do. Well, I told him, I'm not going to lose both houses. We made a good offer (not the asking price, but then we are in such a fabulous position - nothing to sell, blah blah, and offered to take the same solicitor as the previous buyers to hurry things along).

Sadly, Andy and I have decided that if we don't get the BIG and LOVELY house, we don't want the SEMI either and will pull out of that because we can't live with the small kitchen/garden. Sigh..... please think positive thoughts everyone for the BIG and LOVELY house....

I will try and post a picture up of it now. Here goes.



YES! It worked. And here's a picture of the kitchen.







And now the coach house:







Pure torture really! Anyway, change the subject.


I had a really really lovely birthday. In the morning before I went to work I had loads of texts messages, emails and blog wishes from friends which buoyed me up for the day - not to mention Kitty's story.

At work they gave me a card they'd all signed and I'd taken in a big tin of chocolates (so that was nice). Straight after work Nicola had invited me and the girls over for a cup of tea and she'd made a birthday cake and put my name and my age (cough) on the cake and lit some candles. Another friend, Louise was there and so were Nicola's children so I got 'Happy Birthday' sung to me and I had to blow out my candles (which was lovely). Nicola bought me a lovely pressie, really thoughtful for a gardener such as myself - she got me two big clay pots and filled them with compost and wallflowers (for next year).

After this I had to take Holly to her swimming lesson. I have a friend at swimming (just the one!), called Caroline, her daughter swims too and she has a younger one just a bit older than Alice - Alice and Emilia just run about and have fun, Caroline and I talk the hind legs off a donkey for an hour and a half every Friday evening! To make it festive I'd bought two tiny bottles of champagne along for us to drink! - some pink lemonade for the girls and some nibbles. Sadly, we were shoo-ed off the poolside, glass is banned so we had to go outside and sit on the steps - but it was a lovely evening, the weather was so warm and the pool is at a private school in the countryside, so the setting is glorious.

Then, home to hubby who'd tidied up (of course) and set all my pressies and cards out on the table with a bottle of cava, nibbles and chocolate cake that he'd bought in London and carried home in his rucksack on his bike unscathed!

I opened all my cards and my pressies - a wonderful pressie from Lettuce! A peg bag (at my request - good memory there Lettie) woven by the talented woman from plastic bags. The wonderful Lettie had also put some pegs inside (as I only have about three). Thank you Lettuce. A wonderful, wonderful, pressie. There were other presents, but I won't go into those - apart from a watch that Andy got me - an exact replica of the one I lost on a Brittany beach this year!

I think we were all a bit tired so we retired to the sofa at about nine and watched Galapogos with the children - and here comes the sad bit - all four of us fell asleep, me, Andy, Holly and Alice!!!!!! How's that for a birthday rave! hahahahahha. I have to point out that last Friday when our friends came to visit we were still sat at the table chatting at drinking at 2am in the morning (ah, that makes me feel better).

So, perhaps that's why I'm up early. I've had plenty of sleep!

Well, so long. If there's news later (and there will be) I'll put in up here....fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

good morning Luce! I'm so glad you had such a lovely lovely birthday.

Fingers (and everything) crossed for good news and a perfect weekend too.

I'm glad you liked the peg bag. hahaha. there will be something else next time I see you.

10:06 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

That sounds like a lovely birthday and very thoughtful presents too :-) Glad you had a nice day.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home