Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hello, I've posted the picture as everyone is interested but just to let you know - we went to see it last night again and decided it just needed too much work and we couldn't afford it - after all you're paying for the location and the garden more than the house, so we've left it (unless the price comes down by about 50,000!!!



Morning all,

I've been a bad bad blogger recently. Life has been busy but busy with nothing much happening, if you know what I mean. I've woken up really early today (AND it's my day off - tch) - actually saw my husband this morning before he disappeared off into the darkness on his bike to the station - blimus it was cold this morning - time the guinea pigs came in from their semi feral existence in their run and back into their hutch.

Well, I have some house news but don't get excited. The BIG and EXPENSIVE house that we wanted decided to remove itself from the market. (After they had accepted our offer, because they couldn't find anywhere to buy that they liked).

But the agent phoned me the day before yesterday with a house for us to view, before it actually comes on the market - first look if you like. It's so difficult this house hunting lark. This house is on a massive, massive plot yet it's in a prime location, has a garage, and in and out drive, a summer house, a garden the size of a field - everything we want. The house itself is a 1930's job - has the sort of metal windows with curves on - the sort you'd see in Poirot. The big downside of this house is that it doesn't have a kitchen as such - the owners who've only been in the house one year have moved out - all very suspicious and it looks like they've shoved a kitchen in the utility room quickly to get a sale. I can't get to the bottom of why they were only in the house for a year, should I be suspicious? So basically, the house is, once again at the very top of our budget and it needs a large kitchen extension and new bathrooms and a general freshening up of the decor. Otherwise it's a nice house - not massive though - you don't get that feeling of palatial grandeur. Wish I had some pictures but it's not on the market yet. (Is this really really boring for you reader? - it certainly is for me!)

So, the long and short of it is, this house is perfectly located with loads of outside space but is too small inside without an add on at the back - which we couldn't afford. However, you'd never lose on a house like that, so putting up with a kitchen the size of a utility room - could we? Andy can't. PTB PTB PTB.


**********************************

UPDATE UPDATE! Pictures have arrived. I just posted them to blogger, it's says they're on but they are not showing! PTB. Maybe they'll update themselves later...that happens sometimes.

12 Comments:

Blogger grumpy old woman said...

NO, it's NOT boring!
I'm sure everyone feels the same as me - I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what happens next.

Would it be possible to knock on the neighbour's door to find out any information about why the owners are moving on so quickly?

~(:o})=

8:24 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oooh great! It sounds pretty fab...

You'll get there in the end RW
xx

Hey, they might have moved out quickly 'cause they split up or something!?

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there from accross the seas....

I did roasted pumpkins for dinner last night ...yummy scrummy and the soup is also one of my favs. Never did go for the pie though.

Everything crossed for a result on this house btw - resend the pictures - we've just go to go there with you! Hugs,

12:18 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

i'm going to rebel and not wait for your permission to link you on my post.......if i have been naughty, you can slap my botty! wonder what the score is with the house? intriguing.....

12:37 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I enjoy your house hunting saga Luce, It's like watching a long episode of Location location location! Maybe the owners overstreched themselves and have realised that they cannot afford to live there? I love those 30's houses, can't wait to see the pictures

3:19 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Can't wait to see the photos me too..

5:19 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Not boring at all, I'm so pleased to get more news. Why can't And live with a small kitchen? how much time does he spend in there? tch!!!!!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Still no pictures ......
~(:o])

1:52 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

The house is nice - but I think you deserve something special and - frankly - this doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Hang in there Luce - your dream house will fall on you one day. I know it's shite to be in limbo - been there - done that - but just you wait girl - the right one will come along. Sure as nuts.

7:20 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Very sensible decision. Don't overstretch yourselves. Your house is out there somewhere.

8:48 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

You've been very grown up about your decision, Sweetie.
It's so easy to get swept away with enthusiasm in the heat of "the chase".
Keep on keeping on ....
~(:o})=

9:33 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I really feel for you RW...this must be agonising for you. I really, really, really hope that you get the place you want.

I'm sending house vibes via psychic energy links to youxxxx

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home