Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bye for now folks

Hi folks. Sorry to frighten you earlier with my half finished post! I'm not leaving, I'm just off on holiday tomorrow for a week. Off to the French Alps. Andy is going to climb 'cols' on his bicyclette while me and the girls sing 'Climb Every Mountain' and make clothes from our curtains. Hang on, that's Austria. Oh, so we won't be doing that then. Maybe just enjoying the mountains, visiting Italy (yeah!) and Grenoble (I've never been there) and looking at high mountains and eating fondue or raclette. Actually, I'm not exactly sure what the regional dish is there. I DO know that Heidi enjoyed toasted cheese - so it's likely to be something like that with a little Gewurtztraminer (sigh, perhaps I SHOULD do my regional cooking and drinking homework before I write my posts). It's not a million miles from the Rhone, so possibly some nice Rhone wine....oh actually I have no idea. I'm sure there's a supermarket nearby that sells wine from all over the place! (Sorry, I'm rambling).

Well, that's where we'll be going tomorrow after work and school. Hopping into our car, driving to Dover, taking Le Tunnel sous la Manche and wending our way down through France and hopefully arriving at our Chalet on Saturday evening. Would you like to see a picture of our chalet? You would? Then here it is: Except it won't be snowy (we hope).

I'll be pleased to get away. It'll be nice for us as a family to have some time together. We just seem to be SO busy these days. I can't understand it!

As for the house purchase. That is all going along nicely. We have appointed the same solicitor who was dealing with it before it fell through last week so she's got all the papers in place and is ready to exchange contracts. All we are waiting for is our mortgage application papers to come in the post for us to sign. Typical, they were sent on Monday and still haven't arrived. We are going on holiday tomorrow - the vendors are pressing for an exchange date next week when we are on holiday, so that won't happen! Andy's panicking that the vendors will change their minds! Somehow I don't think so. But he does worry!

Finally, here is a picture of the fruits of my labours, or something like that

PTB Blogger isn't having it...well imagine a table top of potatoes, sweet corn, carrots and courgettes and then divide it by about 10!

Here's a funny video

I'm outta here......see you next week. Have a great week you lot.

13 Comments:

Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Good video but where are you off to?

3:28 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hahahahaha.

But WTF??? what do you mean, Bye?

5:02 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Have a lovely holiday, enjoy :-)

7:18 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

sorry for the over-reaction, forgot you were going away.

Forgot it was half-term, in fact, as we don't get it. (Well, LG does, not me and M).

Chalet looks nice - with or without snow.

Hope its a great week.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Lu check your mail, just a quickie though I haven't had a moment..

9:39 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Have a wonderful time. That photo of the chalet in the snow made me feel very snowsick. Boy do I need to go skiing.

Will miss you, old fossil!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

have fun you old sausgae you
x

11:41 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Have a great time Luce.
Take lots of photos for us please.
xxxx
~(:o})=

1:55 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I hope you have a really great time. I was just itching to take a picture of your chair yesterday. Someone in the office said, 'Why are you looking over there and smiling all the time?'

I didn't realise I was grining so much. I was thinking of you.

Have a really great holiday and congrats on the house. That is so cool! Yay!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh yes... hope you're having a lovely time but never apologise for rambling my guru...
Thats your job!
x

1:43 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Part 29

One of the ice-capped lessons that life had taught Nancy, was that to give was always enough. She whispered this to the starlight and giggled quietly. Let's go into the icy holiday freedom.

Now go to part 30

3:42 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hi luce, I know you're not here.

But I am.
hahaha.

Just to say welcome back, hope you had a GREAT time, looking forward to chatting soon.

xxxxx

6:50 PM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hi Sweetie
Are you back yet? How was the holiday?
~(:o})=

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home