Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hello,

Well, I can finally direct my energies to something else - well soon anyway, got to move first - and all that entails. The vendors want to exchange contracts in fourteen days, not sure if this is 'do-able' given the fact that we are going to France next Friday for a week, but still it's a starting point. If it happens we will be in before Christmas. My parents are coming for Christmas (bringing the turkey, the trimmings, the wine, the everything as we will be completely borasic (sp?)). If all goes to plan it will mean that we've been in this house exactly one year and have witnessed all the seasons, which has a kind of synchonicity about it. (is that the right word? I have another word in my head but it won't come out).

But what a relief eh?

What I'd really like if anyone is up for it (Geena?) is a revamp of my blog! I tried to change my profile picture but couldn't - it wouldn't accept the photo. I'm thinking if I can't even do anything as simple as change my profile picture how can I change anything! Well, I suppose I should try..... does one just lift html from other people's blogs? Is that how it works? Or from dedicated websites for bloggers? I need a masterclass!

Someone asked for more pictures of THE house.....well, there are n't that many. However, (Dons) I'd love some advice on interior decoration - one of the owners of the this house is in the pub trade and some of the rooms have got pub carpet which is just hideous as you imagine - they must have got a job lot. Also, lots of the rooms have pub chandeliers in them too! Yuck. I suppose we could just turn the place into a pub if we get too short of money.

The next hurdle we have to cross is the 'dog' hurdle. I've promised the girls a dog. Andy's been keeping quiet - he really really doesn't want one. We really really are going to get one. He's now saying that if our mortgage is going to be so horrendous we can not possibly afford a dog!

Anyway, here's a picture of the dog we are GOING to get!



12 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

lovely post! its so exciting.

borasic - hadn't come across that one, what a great word.

There are a couple of useful blogger help sites listed on my blog. Tho, obviously, its Geena's expert help you really need!

I started potting up plants for you yesterday, yippee.

10:11 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

borasic lint - skint

cockernee rhyming slang innit Lettie.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Brilliant Post.
Brilliant Dog.
Brilliant YouTube.
Brilliant Car in the YouTube.
Brilliant...
:O)
x

11:28 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

p.s. If you look at Geenas blog, half way down on the left there is something called 'Geena's Help'

Might be worth a look! :O)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

great looking dog, we're getting a dog when Guy gets back from the UK, a french bulldog...

11:43 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Wow! It's all happening at once in your world right now! And a dog too ......

It's a very exciting time for you all - it just brings a big smile to my face when I visit your blogsite.

~(:o})=

11:47 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

I am so pleased it has finally happpened. Really truly and ..well utterly.

I would love to help you with your blog revamp Luce but right now I am in the midst of major upheaval..if you can wait a month until I am settled in my new life then I will be happy to help you.

That's the power of the internet - doesn't matter where we are - we're in touch.

5:53 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oh Lucy it's all so fab! You must be thrilled. Of course I will help with any interior decor I can but remember that I too have a bar in this house (that I just about tolerate!) so pub fittings are no stranger to me :-)

You could always ask my friend Ali who did mine and Tats blogs, just click on her link on either of our blogs. She charges (not much tho) but you get a really fab looking blog and she is brilliant and very fast too.

10:32 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Geena: Hi, thanks for the offer, gladyou are back.

Dons: You have a bar too? hahah. Want any pub carpet? I might get in touch with Ali then. .

11:15 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

cuteness. i want to touch the dogs ears!! surely once you have it, everything will be perfect?

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats fantastic!!!
that's amazing!
that's just the dogs b****cks!
We'll raise a glass in Bangladesh for you and we'll make it fizzy.
We want to come for Christmans but we can't.
So we'll be needing the full 'moving in saga' with pictures svp. (as you clearly won't have enough to do! - ha ha)
Hee hee heee
Well done!

4:13 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

was that youtube there yesterday? I missed it! too excited.

Got to love those Monkees

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home