Sunday, October 29, 2006


I'm back! Boy, the Alps are high.















That 'steam' is the cloud coming up from the valley in the morning!








There was a lot of 'support vehicle' work on this holiday.. ......

Driving to the beginning of significant rides to drop Andy and his bike off.

















And here's the man himself after doing the 'Col de Galibier' (the highest Col in the Tour de France) - I touched snow!



















Alice took this photo through the window of the car as we went up the col 'croix de fer' to pick Andy up. The colour of the lake was so amazing.
















Holly standing in front of our village. It was lovely but I could never live in the mountains! Half an hour down and half an hour up to the nearest shop! Luckily we had a fantastic auberge only two doors up the road which served fabulous (and not too typical 'assiettes de viande' food).



I want to post some more pictures....but blogger isn't having it. Perhaps I will try again tomorrow!

13 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Oh my Rambling woman how I have missed you.. Those photos are amazing, plus not only is Andy fab to cycle in the mountains but you are brave to have driven up them, I won't.. I refuse!!! he would have had a shit holiday with me hahahaha.... yes it is warm here, sooooooooo warm, I wore a est top to the seaside yesterday! blimus it's nearly nov??? anyway speak soon, dog to attend too.......

6:37 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

welcome back. yes more photos! more! and here's holly standing infront of 'our' village.......you reign over it do you, hmmm?

7:00 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Fabulous photos RW - just gorgeous. Welcome back!

Oh I could smack Tanya with her 'est'...it is so not warm here..icy in fact. Pah!

7:23 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

haha Wendy! Poor you with your bad weather...you've prob got your 'est' on under your jumper!

I must admit down in the mountains we were enjoying really hot weather - even at night it was 19 degrees - had to have the windows open (sorry).

As we drove back up north from Lyon on Sunday (saw the sign for Metz and Nancy - thought of you) it was decidedly grey and MUCH colder. But, in Ipswich the weather is quite warm (17 yesterday) which is amazing for nearly November!

7:35 AM  
Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Hurrah! You're back - fab photos Sweetie :o} Yes, more please.

~(:o})=

8:34 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

gorgeous pics., I'm glad it was a good holiday. Your family all look great, sad there is no pic of you tho :o(/

9:05 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Oh Welcome back, RW.

Looking at your photos makes me feel very homesick. Made me realise where "home" is actually.

Wonderful photos. Andy looks very sexy in his lycras. But yes, Letty is right - where are YOU? Were you there?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Wendz, wearing a est top again today, warmer than yesterday, ouch ouch ouch...

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow yeah - fab pics!
I wanna go there now!
Like NOW!!
Right this minute...

Welcome back!
x

1:48 PM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

glad you're back and i'm glad it was a lovely holiday. Andy must be very fit now!

7:29 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Erm..yeah...my 'est' is on under my TWO jumpers.

Yeah duck Tat. Fast.

8:10 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Lovely photos RW. Beautiful scenery although obviously not as hot as Perpignan as Tat is in her 'est and your daughter had her jumper and scarf on! I just wish I was half as active as your Andy, he's quite a boy

11:00 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hey Dons, Holly had her scarf and jumper on for purely 'fashion' purposes (up on a mountain I ask you!). It wasn't long before she took all that off!

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home