Tuesday, October 31, 2006

more pics








It was still hot enough to sit out in the evenings with our drinks.









I think Alice was impressed.
















More morning 'steam'. One night we had a thunder storm. I have NEVER, EVER heard anything as loud with the thunder reverberating around the mountains, it was incredible. I think this cloud might have been the morning after. We only had all this water vapour on one day. Because there was a main road at the bottom of this valley (way, way, down) we could hear all the cars hooting as they came up the various roads on each hairpin bend as the visibility was zilch down there in the depths. The problem for the people on the other side of this mountain was that they were in the shade for much of the day. There was a reasonably large (three shops and a supermarket) town about half an hour along the valley. We went there one day for a mooch around and although the sun was shining on the mountains, the town was in a shade, bizarre. I think it would be depressing to be in the shade for most of the year.



More views.

To be honest I was quite surprised by the ruggedness of the moutains. I was expecting more 'Sound of Music' - vast green valleys with lush grass and stuff. None of that. Though there were lots of goats, sheep and cows with various sizes of bells around their necks jingle jangling around the place.





Blogger's had enough now - maybe you have too.

10 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

lovely pic of Alice - yes, she does look impressed! haha.

All lovely pics in fact, how spectacular.

more please....

7:54 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

blimey I've just seen what time you posted this.

Are you mad, woman?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

lovely shots. my mum is floating around there somewhere. yes, are you mad?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Beautiful!
x

1:23 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Had to go and check the time of the post..yep - def def a bit nutty.

Gorgeous photos...I am dying to get to that part of the world...you were so close to me you know -well 4 hours away but still I consider that close.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Looks too far up a mountain for my liking! bof, but looks great though, just don't like being up mountains moi, hate driving a car up them and down them, since we did it in spain and the car ran out of petrol, the power steering failed and we glided down ! I was S****** myself! still that's me and this is you and it looks great and I'm loving that yodel looking hotel... speak sooooooon

9:04 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Look... this might sound stupid, but can anyone tell me what 'bof' means?
:O)
x

9:59 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh my god Trac
Bof !!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I asked Guy to translate Bof and he said
PTB !!!!
hahahaha
Bof! Men ! Bof!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely mountains RW - kids are looking well.
Sound of Music was set in Austria and I think their hills are more rounded and freindly looking than the Swiss or French ones. 'Corse it could have been filmed in New Zeland for all I know!
Congrats to the old man for conquering yet another peak btw - any did you get my mud pics from the mangroves???

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home