Sunday, March 18, 2007

new additions to the family

When I got back from Brussels last week I discovered that Rocket our lovely, but ageing guinea pig had shuffled off his mortal. I was sad. I loved that pig. When I used to come into the garden and call 'Pii-ggs', he would run up to me and squeak.

Anyway, our poor other pig was left alone and looked so lonely in her run that yesterday, Alice and I went out to a pet shop and bought a new friend for Nutmeg. Meet Feisty




But mother got carried away (that's me) and came home with something else;



He's a Rex rabbit, and his fur is so so soft, but his claws are so so sharp! At first his name was 'grey' but this morning he's been renamed to 'Smoky'. He's very cute and very inquisitive.

***********

By the way, on Friday I went to the Tate Modern. Those pipes were an Art Installation! Apparently the art is the appreciation of it when you go down the pipes, or somefink.

I met up with Moonwalker (a regular commenter on this blog). We hadn't seen each other for about four or even five years. But the years don't matter, there's never any trouble picking up with true old friends. We had a lovely time, a lovely catch up and we're definitely NOT going to leave it so long next time!

*********

Well, they say we're going to get snow next week. I can't believe that...all the trees are bursting into bloom three weeks before they should so I'm told. All the bees and caterpillars and things are going to die and this summer (which will be hotter than any ever) will be infested with bugs that should have been eaten by other bugs that were killed off in the third week of March. Well, lets see shall we?



7 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

First time visitor....followed a link to get here. And love your new family members. We have piggies and bunnies, too...and we love them. The piggies are so funny. I enjoyed your blog a lot!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Well I am very cross about the weather.. today it was glorious, I ate outside with friends with the sun in my face, wearing a little dress and apparently it will be all over tomorrow :-( rain, wind the lot... not fair..

5:02 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Yeah really poo weather here as well...but it's cozy inside and summer will soon be here and we'll be melting...

lovely jubbly bunny wunny...;)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

you are gonna get so much spong now you know!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww they are soooooooooooo cute.

that rabbit looks truly velveteen.

6:05 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

That is the prettiest bunny I have ever seen. Easter came early in your house ;-)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

captain Rupert (the blue rex) would like to wish smokey a very happy welcome, he is lovely. Captain Ruperts brother is just down the road from you so he says hi too.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home