Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The mornings after the nights before!


If you are a fan of Pink Floyd I urge you to go see 'The Australian Pink Floyd' Tribute band (who are currently touring the UK). We had such a fabulous night. It was exactly like the real group, right down to the light shows and the voices. The women singers were particularly fantastic. The funny thing was that I think the men outnumbered the women by about two thirds and apart from the parents who brought their teenage children, the majority of people were well over forty! I was looking at all their faces and imagining them all in their late teens being into Pink Floyd. Some were attempting to be trendy and missing - one middle aged man was dressed as badly drawn boy and a lot of people had those brightly coloured 'ethnic' baggy trousers that people at music festivals and Germany wear. But, I'm sure I too looked like the same to them, and what does it matter anyway! We're all old and still into Pink Floyd (tribute bands!).
********************
Alice's party went (is still going well). Six children for a sleepover - not so much a sleepover as a stay and make lots of noise all night -over. Today I feel rough even though I had nothing to drink last night (makes a change - perhaps it's the lack of alcohol that makes me feel rough? Hmmmmm....
****************
I'm off to Lettuce's tomorrow for a couple of days. It will be lovely to see her, we plan to visit the Renoir exhibition at the National Gallery!

I've just heard this song on the radio and it reminded me of this:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sawded this and thought of yous

http://www.skymovies.com/skymovies/article/0,,80000-1259092,00.html

Even though we hate murdoch even if he owns Shropshire

11:23 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Dear Anonymous...not knowing who you are I cannot open this link for fear of viruses. Please assure me that you are OK and I do I know you?

11:55 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

OK Anonymous...I took the plunge and looked at your link...very funny! Thanks for that!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Fucking ell Luce (excuse the french) we're not ALL old, I am 41, crickey not 91.....one day you'll look back and think ohhh wasn't I young... glad you had fun though :-)

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK it was me (worse half of Jess) and now back in Dhaka (even if she is in delhi!!) Sorry for not being clearer.

But why did they miss "you're only supposed to blow the bloody door off!"
OR
"'ow do you know hes a king?
cos he's not covered in .... like the rest of us"

MIKE

6:55 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

thats funny, i was thinking about the full monty the other day - must watch it again.

sounds almost as good as the REAL pink floyd. i'd pay big money to see them live.


can't wait to see you.....

9:26 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hi Mike! Nice that you are still reading my blog! See you in the summer!

So this is the deal is it? You go to Africa and other such countries and Jess stays in Dhaka, then when you get back she goes? (sounds like a great recipe for marital bliss)

9:42 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hehehe I did enjoy that. It was a great film. The night out sounds like fun.

Have fun with Letty, give her a big hug from me x

7:50 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

musical festival and germany. that made me larf. have fun with letty

x

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home