Saturday, September 02, 2006

saturday

Hi there,

It's Saturday. Work was fine yesterday. Lots of nice people to meet, a free lunch and lots of sitting around being told stuff! Same again on Monday before the hordes of kids arrive on the Tuesday! That's it really. Nothing more to report.

House update: The actual partner of the estate agent that we mostly deal with spoke to me yesterday in a 'let's get you a house' sort of way. We have two offers in on two houses. One offer is for the big house from a while back which is in the 'prime' residential area and therefore too expensive for us. BUT it isn't selling and we have an offer in which is the HIGHEST we can afford. The other house is the one I recently put on which we increased our offer on. We aren't prepared to go higher because the area isn't as good, neither is it in the right school catchment area. BUT the agent yesterday said "why don't you raise the offer on the W house by x amount and your offer on the N house by x amount and I'll get you one of them! " I said to him "I wish we could but raising our offer on the W house is a step too far we just can't afford to" to which he said "oh come on, it's only a term's school fees" (our children are not educated privately, although he clearly thinks they are!). The offer on N house is quite a bit lower and he just couldn't understand it. He said to me "Well I don't know what your budget is because of the differing offers" - SO I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO HIM IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE AREA. Why do they play it so thick sometimes. BUT, I have noticed that THAT particular agency isn't getting many houses to sell at the moment and must be desperate for a sale. We really do like the big house on N road, but we don't think it's worth upping our offer by quite a lot to get it. But, I don't know what to do. There's nothing else to buy, it's getting to me. I want a garden, I want the kids to have nice bedrooms and a feeling of being settled. I don't want to be poor though. I'm pissed off about it all really. I really thought they would accept our offer. PTB PTB PTB

3 Comments:

Blogger Trac said...

PTB about the house situation...

I've been waiting for someone else to say something here, as I have no words and thought that I would if someone else said something before me...

Then... I remembered it was you, my rambling guru and look... it's worked! I'm rambling!! OK, mainly nonsense, but what's new?

Your job sounds cool! :O)
Ommmmmm.....

3:53 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

PTB. PTB.
They're all a bunch of bastards.

Still, at least if you've explained your priorities etc. to him and he knows you're not going to increase the offer/s.... and if they NEED a sale ... maybe....

fingers crossed.

6:54 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

What a saga....I'd head for the hills running..oh...I live in the damn hills..well no matter..if I didn't I would.

It will come right - hang on a bit longer.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home