Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gardening gets (more) interesting!

!




On Monday the whole family had to go to sign up with a new doctor. We had to take 'wee' samples and general have a check up. I just hate going to the doctor. I almost have a panic attack when I see the blood pressure machine. I'm practically phobic about it. All day on Monday I kept getting that tightening knot in my stomach/bowel region when I thought about it! The funny thing though was that we had to go in two at a time (me with one child, Andy with the other). Comparing notes afterwards Andy and I both discovered that we both lied about our alchohol consumption and even after lying the nurse said we should both cut down! I fear she might be right. We drink like fish.

Andy was complaining about our money situation yesterday, saying 'where does it go, I can't understand it'. I replied 'do you think there might be a corollation between our money situation and the amount we spend on alcohol?'

So, we are going to cut down, only this might be difficult as our 'fish like' niece turns up to stay on Thursday and she might be a bit miffed if alcohol isn't offered. (I can't offer alcohol and not partake, can I? can I?)

7 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

haha - must visit your allotment next time i'm there. good old alan


and good luck with that drinking-less thing.

(nah. course ya can't)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Don't we all underestimate our drinking when the doctor asks?!?!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Wonderful stuff, must show my Dad that ! I am going to hospital for 4 days on monday, over here you have to sign this and answer that... I am in fact as pure as Mother Teresa! Too good to be true, ticked NO all the time, don't drink now much ever etc.. It's me that will fall down dead with a heart attack, carry on drinking I say!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hehehe Poor old Alan!

Drink less, Luce as far as I can tell it's the only vice you have, you stick with it girl!

I'm phobic about doctors too, never go unless dying. Hate dentists too. I swear that my teeth are worse after I have been just like when the car comes back from a service!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I followed a link from lettuce and here I am.

I just had to laugh about you lying about your alcohol consumption. When I went for my pre op assessment I told the nurse I drank about 6 units a week (big lie!), my hubby laughed his socks off when I told him. He said "You drink more than that in one day!". Apparently they never believe what you say you drink and always treble it anyway!

2:03 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I also fear the blood pressure thing. I can't even look at it when I sit down. Usually, the nurse takes my blood pressure, then she turns out the lights and I lie down for a little bit, then, she comes back and takes it again.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

it is funny how many of my patients get stressed about having their bp taken.

what has happened to england? i thought i could rely on titchy to maintain some sort of standards. i shall n'er be back now! alan smoking dope, rambo drunk in the corner! and heaven only knows what letty is up to!
;o(

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home