Thursday, April 12, 2007

My legs ache

(That's Andy up there in front!)



As our twelve year old daughter is practically feral nowadays, roaming round the local park in packs of youths clad in 'skinny' jeans, stripy tops and floppy fringes, Andy and I found ourselves unexpectedly free when our youngest was invited out for a sleepover on Monday! Well, what would YOU do if you found yourselves alone in a house for an afternoon? Well? Yes, that's right we went for a four hour bike ride!


For the first three hours I enjoyed the views and the sunshine - taking great pleasure in observing all the signs of the emerging season.

The last hour was sheer hell as my poor atrophied legs nearly gave up the ghost. Boy did they ache - and only ten miles before home! Luckily, Andy is a fit as a flea and he pushed me up the hills!

When I got in I practically crawled around for the rest of the evening. I'm OK now (just) and looking forward to repeating the ordeal lovely afternoon sometime soon!






9 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

fit as a flea? hahaha

i will get on my bike next week, i will i will i will.

hope you are recovering. Do some yoga, that will sort you out.
:o)


oh yes, and i want a WORD with you....

10:39 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

oh dear lettie...i'm quaking. Is it something to do with a guinea pig and a wet bottom?

10:42 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Pod, i read your comment...you left if on my last post by accident...but i got it..thanks..


Isn't there a song called 'me and bobby mcGee?'

There were three guys right...Paul Daniels, Richard Stilgoe and Duncan Goodhew, they went into a bar....and ....

11:30 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I'm resuming my position as village bike next week as we're promised hot hot hot weather.. also going to canet in my bikini swimming to start that all over tan off baby.. shall we talk french soon, shall we, shall we??

1:10 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Four hours on a bike is hard work...good for you! Next time, maybe try three hours on the bike and one hour at home....well...you know.

3:36 AM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Crikey how energetic of you Luce. Can't imagine cycling in this heat I can barely manage to walk round a bootsale ;-)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

oh yeah, just after is money were ya? i thought there was a gold diggin glint in that left eye.....

11:37 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Getting closer to my bike every day. tyres need pumping up... do you know in June i'll have been blogging for 2 years!!! Blimus..

9:26 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

Rambo! you may like this? an ozzie band. email me your address if you like and i will send more

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home