Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day Off

Hello,

Got a day off today! Got to fit alot in now in one day off per week....allotment, tennis, coffee with tennis women, haircut, TK Maxx, read 'Saturday' by Ian McEwan for tonight's Book Club! How much of this will I fit in?

Well, I'm glad I didn't write much about my new job at the beginning of the week as to be honest I was feeling distinctly underwhelmed by it all. Now, though, the children have entered the equation which makes all the difference. It feels like such a natural milieu for me.

Compared with my last job though this one is completely different. They seem to have conflated the special needs department with the teaching assistants. Special needs has a very large umbrella (of course) and so coming through our special teaching room are children of all ages and abilities. What I find so notable compared with my last job is that in this school there appear to be hardly any behavioural issues and because of an abundance of resources and budget there is the time/staff/etc to help the children with mild SEN problems. It's great that these children aren't falling through the net, but it also highlights the discrepencies in what's happening nationally. Also, in this school there are only 11 children with English as an additional language!

I suppose I shouldn't say too much about my job (you never know who's reading), but in my experience of two days' I am of the belief that some of the teachers wouldn't last two minutes in a school where behaviour is an issue!

Shall I have a radical haircut like the lovely, famous Tat?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Sort that link out babes, it's not linking to the famous moi !

talking of famous moi, go get this months Easy Living magazine, out yeterday or today....

And speaking of haircut I say yay, do it, go for it...

And talking about do it's... (I'll probably get told off for saying it) but ask Geena for blog help, yours needs jazzing up and she's your gal.. not that I'm saying your plain or anything but she could create a much nicer banner for you.. we all need a tart up now and again don't we??
For proof check out vintage swaps, she did it she did...

12:55 PM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Bwah ha ha ha ha Tat......

2:15 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

alright, I take the hint....I will do something about my BORING blog.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

That is so interesting what you said about your new job. It is incredible...the differences. I'd love to come in for a day and see. Perhaps I could!

And I wish we had more money. Ah, that would be so good. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I sent my best wishes to your 'doughnut' group and they really grinned.

I smiled when you wrote the part about when the kids come in. It really makes the place doesn't it?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home