Friday, April 27, 2007

Well, it's friday, 7.45 in the evening and I find myself alone apart from four excited children, two of which want to sleep in the garden tonight. (!!!!) We don't have a tent, they don't see this as a problem! I've just stopped them from laying down our duvet's on the lawn which is covered in rabbit and guinea pig droppings - not to mention all the damp that comes up in the night - I've said no to that. So they are on Plan B phoning their friends to see if they can borrow a tent for the night. This should be fun. Two girls trying to put up a tent - I'll try and take some photos.

Husband is in the garage climbing a mountain on his bike trainer. I am eating crisps and drinking wine. And now I've had so many crisps I can't be bothered to cook tonight. Luckily the girls have all eaten. But hubby'll will just have to have whatever he can find.

I recently got an upgrade on my mobile phone. As I was setting it up, I changed my SIM card over but didn't copy the numbers from my old phone. So when I turned on my new phone it was like going back in time. It was bizarre. 'Home' was our old London number and our 'doctor' was our old London doctor. Aquaintances and parents of our children who I no longer have any contact with were on there and all my new contacts were missing. Suddenly, it was like being in a parallel universe for a moment. Luckily soon remedied - phew! I felt suddenly cast adrift!

Our house purchase is going through well. The people who are renting it (The BBC) are very laid back and allow me to into the garden whenever I want to dig, weed and plant new things! The garden is walled and faces West! Even if the air is cool the new garden is warm with all the warmth in the brick radiating out. It's just wonderful going there, even though I feel like a bit of a mad woman furtively planting and examining the plants. When the renters are out I peer through the windows and imagine us in there!

Well, he's now in the shower and I'm on my second glass of wine. Two little girls are toasting marshmallows on a candle ( under adult supervision) and the other two have disappeared to get a tent.

Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

i hope that chicken doesn't get them.

have a great weekend.
xx

11:06 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Some times I get in the car and forget which side of the road to drive on! Kept getting into the wrong side in devon! like another life isn't it?? Going through another block thing with my french now, know so much, speak so much that going up to even higher levels makes me speechless which is good news for everyone, trust me speaking another language does not stop me from talking too much!!! Ask my weary friends,hahaha...have a goofy weekend Luce xx keep it real :-)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I remember our two boys camping in the back garden when they were younger - we had to stay up all night because they were scared!!! The things we do for our kids eh?

Have a great weekend.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

toasting marshmallows in the fresh evening air...i get all nostalgic reading you and letty...i think i may be a little homesick! enjoy the rest of the weekend!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home